LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bastard LTx Build Thread - For real this time :) (NOW WITH MOAR PICZ)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

updates?
Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
Red roof with black sail panel? Whaaat? Haha wow that thing looks mean, and I'm not even a fan of patriot red but that thing looks piiiissseed. Side note: where's you take the lady out to dinner in the ole' Z?
We went to a local burger joint+bar called Graffiti Junction lol.

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
updates?
None :/. Been busy house shopping and wedding planning. I REALLY want to get the new motor in but just don't have the time. It's done, just need a carb hat and wiring harness.

Car still needs a trans crossmember and a driveshaft for the PG swap. Might just shorten the stock driveshaft for now and keep the stock rear just to get it installed, then worry about a driveshaft later on since I can't get the final one until I decide on a rear..
Old 02-05-2016, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Not really an update, but I'm looking at a house on the 11th with a nice 2 car garage to park the Beast . Wedding is the end of this month, and most of March will be recovering from all the money spent on the wedding and moving, so hopefully by April I'll be settled down and ready to start piecing everything together on my days off. Haven't really been taking any lately!

Drove it to lunch today and it smells like gas when sitting, and its a very strong smell if I turn on the heat. My first guess is either the FPR is leaking or the vacuum line to it came off. Fuel pressure is still good at the regulator so hopefully its just the line that goes to it or an injector o-ring.

Not that I care too much since none of that is being reused, I'd just rather not set the car on fire .
Old 02-06-2016, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are some kind of Superman if you need only a month to recover from the wedding! Mine did more damage than that....lol!
Seriously though, best wishes, and we look forward to that "newborn" beast back in action
Old 05-13-2016, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Any progress?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im ready to see this damn thing on the track already. But the house comes first for sure.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Been a while, eh? Daily getting rear ended a couple weeks ago may free up some cash for me, since I'm being irresponsible and throwing most of the money at the Beast instead of replacing the DD LOL. Not too much longer in the rainy season so I'll be fine with just the bike again.

Will be in the market for a high flow carb hat, big fuel pump setup(dual 255s or a 340), 24x harness, Kwik Shift, and a Fab 9" or S60 rear soon .

Project isn't dead, just delayed for the 11ty billionth time .
*10-3-16 edit*
Made the smarter decision to use the money on replacing the DD instead of finishing the Z...I just live too far from work now to only have the bike for bad weather - I didn't mind a 5min drive in the rain down local roads every once in a while, since I could just toss on a rain liner and be fine, but now I am 20mins down a huge highway so can't be without a rain-ready vehicle. Its not the most comfortable but I can drive the Camaro in the rain now if I'm careful...but once its finished and has a 5500 stalled Powerglide and 200 more hp I really shouldn't anymore so I didn't want to finish it until I had a backup.

After making the smart decision to replace the DD, I made the dumb decision to build it though so spent a bunch on that for the last few months. Done spending money on it now, everything is ordered, and once its installed and I have a nice fun DD I can once again focus on the Z and get a few more things done.

Wiring harness and a carb hat for the motor to be ready to install. Then a trans crossmember, rear end, and driveshaft to get it finished and race ready...everything else is just installing the closet full of parts.

Last edited by Puck; 11-01-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:27 AM
12 Second Club

$1000 can buy a reliable DD for rain/winter, I like where your head is at.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Sooooooooooooo.....
Old 12-10-2016, 05:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Sooooooooooooo.....
Just got caught up with a million things this year...Married, honeymoon, moved into a rental for a year, got a DD that few months later was rear ended at a light, got another DD as a light project car and turbo swapped it over the last 2-3 months. That is pretty much done, but now my lease is up and I'm currently house shopping to purchase by February...been a busy year!

Car runs and drives on the old combo still, but sitting for those 3 years or so really wasn't nice to it...CANT WAIT to get the new motor in, but have to take my time with priorities. Before I worked close to where I live so could stand having just the bike, but now that I have a 30min commute with lots of highway driving I can't risk having just the bike in the rain. Losing my DD pushed me way back since I decided to get a "fun" one which was another project (converted a TT 1JZ in an SC400 into a mild ~500hp single turbo build).

Think the "to-do" list for the Z to install the nasty stroker is just a carb hat, wiring harness, rear end, and drive shaft.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Did you do a build thread on the SC400?
Old 12-12-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Did you do a build thread on the SC400?
Yes, I started a thread around 4 months back but not on here. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...t-single-turbo

Started out with me just wanting to rebuild the stock twins for around $700, then considering a simple mild ebay kit that will max out ~450hp for $2k, then going overboard like I always do to a "future proof" build for 500hp now that I can easily turn up to 700+ in the future which turned into a "real" build but it took the $4k that was going to be towards the harness, rear end, and drive shaft to finish the Camaro. I needed a daily though so had to prioritize...and its a fun car! Low end sucks compared to a V8, but it is scary how easy it made my 500hp goal (to keep the stock trans happy). Just needs fuel, boost, and a piggyback. No head work, no cams, no manifold, no throttle body, just basic bolt-ons. With some cams and more injector I could make 700 on it without breaking a sweat.

Nothing compared to a V8 from a dig, but its a rev happy monster that loves the highway. Probably only runs mid 12s, but still feels like it would beat my 11 second LT1 build from a ~60mph roll. Boost comes on around 3200, which is considered early for a single swapped JZ motor, but not the nearly instant boost of the stock twins that I do kind of miss when putting around...until around 4k when all hell breaks loose .
Old 11-01-2017, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

WTF is this, an update???

After renting for a long time and then living with inlaws for the last 5months I finally eliminated the biggest barrier to finishing my car and closed on a new place yesterday . Was hard to explain to the wife why I was dropping thousands into an old cheap car when were supposed to be saving for a house!

Z will be covered and stored until I get my dream daily since they released in 2001, a C5 Z06. They are down to sub-20k for a nice one finally! Also started a business that is doing awesome so will likely have a nice steady stream of play money after a few months to comfortably finish this thing.

Been a rough few years but things are looking up - I know its taken forever but since I started this project I got married, moved twice, bought two motorcycles, and went through three cars so always had something more important to worry about . Finally catching up though...
Old 11-01-2017, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
WTF is this, an update???

After renting for a long time and then living with inlaws for the last 5months I finally eliminated the biggest barrier to finishing my car and closed on a new place yesterday . Was hard to explain to the wife why I was dropping thousands into an old cheap car when were supposed to be saving for a house!

Z will be covered and stored until I get my dream daily since they released in 2001, a C5 Z06. They are down to sub-20k for a nice one finally! Also started a business that is doing awesome so will likely have a nice steady stream of play money after a few months to comfortably finish this thing.

Been a rough few years but things are looking up - I know its taken forever but since I started this project I got married, moved twice, bought two motorcycles, and went through three cars so always had something more important to worry about . Finally catching up though...
good to hear man I've been following your build for a long time and was worried when I seen the pg go up for sale but sounds like you'll get back on the camaro soon enough. Always thought your build would put up some nice numbers and it's not something everybody else is doing ....keep at it !
Old 11-01-2017, 05:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CFLFORMULA93
good to hear man I've been following your build for a long time and was worried when I seen the pg go up for sale but sounds like you'll get back on the camaro soon enough. Always thought your build would put up some nice numbers and it's not something everybody else is doing ....keep at it !
Yea it sucked to sell the Glide but was the easiest way to get some quick cash. Kept the custom stall, and will replace it with another one .

Still hoping for 625-650 flywheel on the engine dyno...I unbagged the motor to check on it and wipe it down with oil again and it still looks fresh out the shop, so that's good.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Awaiting Puck to swing by to take me for a ride in his turd...
Old 11-02-2017, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^Lolz
Old 11-04-2017, 08:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ss rrr

awaiting puck to swing by to take me for a ride in his turd...
Accurate.

Quick Reply: Bastard LTx Build Thread - For real this time :) (NOW WITH MOAR PICZ)