LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 / 700R4 / Megasquirt / Opti-delete

Old 08-29-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 / 700R4 / Megasquirt / Opti-delete

I'm working on a build. I have a 1993 LT1 engine and a 700R4 and was looking at using Megasquirt. I've soldered the board and started the process of wiring the engine and getting my sensors figured out. I'm looking at replacing the Optispark with a trigger wheel and hall effect sensor. I was wondering if anyone has done it before and if so, what difficulties I might run into. I'm in the process of machining custom parts and pieces to hold the hall effect in the right place. Any help with Megasquirt and how to get it running an LT1 setup would be awesome too! Thanks for the help. I'll have pictures soon.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LT1 / 700R4 / Megasquirt / Opti-delete

Originally Posted by kinematics
I'm working on a build. I have a 1993 LT1 engine and a 700R4 and was looking at using Megasquirt. I've soldered the board and started the process of wiring the engine and getting my sensors figured out. I'm looking at replacing the Optispark with a trigger wheel and hall effect sensor. I was wondering if anyone has done it before and if so, what difficulties I might run into. I'm in the process of machining custom parts and pieces to hold the hall effect in the right place. Any help with Megasquirt and how to get it running an LT1 setup would be awesome too! Thanks for the help. I'll have pictures soon.
No experience with that here, but very interested.

How are you going to hook up the dash guages?

I like the idea of Megasquirt to delete the Opti, but how do you make it work with our guages?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 / 700R4 / Megasquirt / Opti-delete