LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Any LT1 guys near Akron/Canton/Cleveland area...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Any LT1 guys near Akron/Canton/Cleveland area...?

I wouldn't mind meeting up with someone who has a little more technical expertise with LT1 engines to take a quick look/drive in my car to point me in the right direction with some of the issues I am seeing and/or reassure me that I am delusional.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
I wouldn't mind meeting up with someone who has a little more technical expertise with LT1 engines to take a quick look/drive in my car to point me in the right direction with some of the issues I am seeing and/or reassure me that I am delusional.
I'm nowhere near close by but, are there more than the 3 issues already covered in the other thread? 2 of those are non-issues really...it's normal for your coolant temp to vary quite a bit stock with no fan tuning when you come to a stop and theres no air moving over the radiator, if it bothers you get a 160 stat and a tune; next question.... and a your oil pressure is fine.... last issue you mention about having a hard start after filling up the car, but then mention it starts fine after filing to 3/4 tank...I don't know about that, I would run a couple tanks of gas through it and see if it keeps happening, you could have gotten crappy gas or something Maybe check the fuel pressure if it happens again....fuel pumps are known to go bad after years of sitting like yours and it might not be making enough pressure.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was actually just trying to make a friend
No but for real as I am trying to learn the platform it would be nice to have someone local that could walk you through it versus having to look at motor diagrams and figure that out in relation to the car.

Regarding my other concerns. General shifting there are times when I get almost a "clunking" noise. On the drivers side near the head I seem to hear some sort of tapping noise which I suspect might be a rocker. The suspension is pretty rough but I wouldn't mind getting someone elses opinion on what are the best areas to address to fix the particular case vs just getting a suggestion to pretty much replace the whole suspension.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

clunking noise? only when shifting or does it do it with the car off too if you press the clutch?

Does the car have any mods? When is the last time you change the oil? Some times new oil will get rid of a lifter being noisey

Quick Reply: Any LT1 guys near Akron/Canton/Cleveland area...?