LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Can anyone help --- Fuel problem possibility on a 95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Can anyone help --- Fuel problem possibility on a 95 z28

Okay heres the deal. car is a 95 z28 383 supercharged lt1. recently i took it out for a car show - drove it for about 30 mins. Park the car got back in to drive around it took little harder to start... drove again for about 10 mins park... took even longer to start.. was turning over but not firing then it fired up... drove it home... about 10 mins after it was parked went outside the fuel gauge pegged out --- motor turned over but did not start but the fuel pumps were off...my fuel gauge was reading 0... so i put a new fuel pump rely in place still nothing. i put 12v to the connector to prime the pumps and they worked. car sat over night --- next day tried it again and it fired right up... im lost dont know what it could be... scanmaster showed dtc fuel lean code but its been on and off that code before this problem.. not sure if that has something to do with it.. fuel pumps are walbro everything has been upgraded fuel system wise to support the horsepower.. the low oil light level light was on too.. so not sure if that has something to do with it causing it to not start...
Old 10-02-2015, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Can anyone help --- Fuel problem possibility on a 95 z28

Check fuel pressure, KOEO, at idle, and while driving, while the condition is happening.

Check oil level with the dip stick, if good check sensor and plug/wiring. This should have no effect on starting though.

Have you checked the FPR yet?

Quick Reply: Can anyone help --- Fuel problem possibility on a 95 z28