LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

NEW GUY: LT1 slow moving street build

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW GUY: LT1 slow moving street build

Hey guys new to the lt1 world and semi new to building cars I know a little but not much. I got a 95 camaro z28 automatic 70k miles no mods whatsoever... Wanting to start building on it here soon still gonna be a daily driver...not wanting to go turbo just kinda wanting to know what you guys think about what mods I should go with especially the best bang for your buck kinda deals... And please let me know where to get em and I don't have a huge budget... Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 11-09-2015, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody Rowe
Hey guys new to the lt1 world and semi new to building cars I know a little but not much. I got a 95 camaro z28 automatic 70k miles no mods whatsoever... Wanting to start building on it here soon still gonna be a daily driver...not wanting to go turbo just kinda wanting to know what you guys think about what mods I should go with especially the best bang for your buck kinda deals... And please let me know where to get em and I don't have a huge budget... Thanks in advance for all your help
search is your friend on this site...

for a bone stock car starting with a cold air intake, headers, CAT back exhaust would be the most basic start to build from there

the list gets quite long from there so your pocket book needs to be able to support that
Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ******
search is your friend on this site...

for a bone stock car starting with a cold air intake, headers, CAT back exhaust would be the most basic start to build from there

the list gets quite long from there so your pocket book needs to be able to support that

Is there anyway u can get me some links to where I could buy these online
Old 11-10-2015, 06:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome to LT1 land, the forums are your friends if you can have some thick skin as the LT1 is not known well by most shops.

Start with the basics, get air in, get air out. Get a cold air intake like K&N, moroso, LPE, or an LS1 lid. Then a flow through catback exhaust like magnaflow, borla, hooker, anything but flowmaster (chokemaster). You can google what you want and compare prices from different vendors or buy used from the for sale section on a forum or Craigslist.

Next is long tube headers and making the decision if you want to stay emissions friendly. With this get a mail order tune and then reevaluate your budget and direction. Valvesprings and non self aligning rockers are next, then suspension.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Welcome to LT1 land, the forums are your friends if you can have some thick skin as the LT1 is not known well by most shops.

Start with the basics, get air in, get air out. Get a cold air intake like K&N, moroso, LPE, or an LS1 lid. Then a flow through catback exhaust like magnaflow, borla, hooker, anything but flowmaster (chokemaster). You can google what you want and compare prices from different vendors or buy used from the for sale section on a forum or Craigslist.

Next is long tube headers and making the decision if you want to stay emissions friendly. With this get a mail order tune and then reevaluate your budget and direction. Valvesprings and non self aligning rockers are next, then suspension.
I have found a few of these things on Texas speed is that a good company to go thru? And the mail order tune I have not found yet

Quick Reply: NEW GUY: LT1 slow moving street build