LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

obd2 datalogger/scantool?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd2 datalogger/scantool?

I have a 97z m6 car that I'm getting ready to do a cam swap in. But I'd really like to get a datalogger/scantool before I do it. I'm going to by the JET DST program so that I can tune here locally and keep the the software for myself (it's cheaper that way for me). Any help is appreciated! I'm new pretty new to the datalogging/tuning part of it all
Old 11-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The program called ECM Pro from Wester's Garage is supposed to work with Jet DST for logging. I have the Jet DST and bought the buggy beta software (and now defunct) called MXscan that has worked well enough for me to tune fueling, but I have not yet gotten it to work for tuning the ignition timing. I recently started playing with it again since my rebuild project is done, and surprisingly it even works with a Windows 10 laptop.

An alternate route would be to convert over to OBD1 where the setup would be much cheaper. I have considered doing my tuning with an OBD1 PCM and then transferring the tables and settings to the OBD2 PCM since I have emissions testing.

Yet a third option is to do a 24X conversion and use more modern tools.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, I just got an email from Moates.net saying that they will give out the registration key for MXscan if you get the trial version working. Let me know if interested since I have the software install files. Like I said, it's buggy and hasn't done everything I wanted it to do, but might be another option for you.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ScanXL Pro works well. I got it with the GM Enhanced parameters. This software will allow you to map VE tables like EFILive can.

https://www.scantool.net/scanxl-pro.html

Quick Reply: obd2 datalogger/scantool?