LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Questions about RPC Valve Covers for LT1 F bodies

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about RPC Valve Covers for LT1 F bodies

Has anyone used RPC (Racing Power Company) valve covers (PN:R6045) for LT-1 f bodies and if so do they provide enough clearance for 1.6 rockers? What about with poly locks? And if so, do they have enough clearance for the wider Aluminum body rockers like Crane gold's? There is not much information out there on these, I came up with 0 results searching this forum. Their website doesn't seem to be fully up and running either and the downloadable catalogue lists only their height, which is 2-9/16". Jeg's and Hawk's have a really good price on them, especially compare to Cantons. I'm not really interested in cutting up a stock set of covers, really looking for something that looks good, provides enough room and doesn't leak. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

FWIW the "slight" modification to stock valve covers will accommodate ay brand RR. I mean a "slight" modification which takes about 5 min with a dermal tool

or you can get Crane "gold narrow body" RR which do not require any modification

Don't know about what you are asking on those VC. They need to be LT1 specific to clear the alternator (unless you want to grind/clock alternator case)
Old 01-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the heads up on the alternator, I almost bought a set of proforms a while back and luckily did a little research before and found out about that before I bought them. According to the RPC's description the covers are notched for the alternator and will clear it. I was hoping to upgrade to a 7/16" rocker stud, so that would rule out going with the narrow body rockers since they only use a 3/8" stud. The covers look great and like a quality piece in the picture, but what you see and what you get are not always the same. I'm mainly worried about the height and any internal baffling issues.

Quick Reply: Questions about RPC Valve Covers for LT1 F bodies