Old 02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Car just started idling differently

Here's a short clip:

Old 02-12-2016, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds nice. What RPM is that idle at? Auto?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hrcslam
Sounds nice. What RPM is that idle at? Auto?
That was about 700, which was way too low. I adjusted the timing and idle speed. Here it is at around 850rpm
Old 02-12-2016, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds nice, that lower idle sounded meaner though. I'm idling at 950, wish I could have that cool sounding super choppy low idle....
Old 02-12-2016, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds nice, that lower idle sounded meaner though. I'm idling at 950, wish I could have that cool sounding super choppy low idle....
Yeah, It sounded really badass, but sitting it the car I thought it was going to rock the fillings out my head. lol
I had it set to about 950 earlier, and it was way smoother. I think where it is right now is good for me though. I actually wasn't expecting it to lope quite as hard considering this:

"For daily performance use. Works with factory fuel injection that has aftermarket computer chip modification. Good idle."

Looking forward to taking it to the track to see what happens, hoping to possibly see mid 12s.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fbody_brian
Yeah, It sounded really badass, but sitting it the car I thought it was going to rock the fillings out my head. lol
I had it set to about 950 earlier, and it was way smoother. I think where it is right now is good for me though. I actually wasn't expecting it to lope quite as hard considering this:

"For daily performance use. Works with factory fuel injection that has aftermarket computer chip modification. Good idle."

Looking forward to taking it to the track to see what happens, hoping to possibly see mid 12s.
Man I wish I could get the ET's you're getting. I'm too scared to hit the tires hard at launch. M6 + 400+RWHP + hard launch..... I'll wait until I have $3K for it, LOL.

Good luck at the track.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Man I wish I could get the ET's you're getting. I'm too scared to hit the tires hard at launch. M6 + 400+RWHP + hard launch..... I'll wait until I have $3K for it, LOL.

Good luck at the track.
Man, I wanted a 6 speed so bad when I was shopping for the car I have now. This is the first auto I've had in REALLY long time. I still think about converting it sometimes, but then I have to add in the cost of the rear end on top of the transmission and misc parts. If I did it without the rear end I'd be petrified to launch it hard at all. An s60 is in the future plans though so maybe one day!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fbody_brian
Man, I wanted a 6 speed so bad when I was shopping for the car I have now. This is the first auto I've had in REALLY long time. I still think about converting it sometimes, but then I have to add in the cost of the rear end on top of the transmission and misc parts. If I did it without the rear end I'd be petrified to launch it hard at all. An s60 is in the future plans though so maybe one day!
I love my 6 speed. Its the rear that is the problem. Just gotta take the launch easy for a while.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds better at 850!

Quick Reply: Car just started idling differently