LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 shop needed near Oviedo or Orlando Florida for rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 shop needed near Oviedo or Orlando Florida for rebuild

Hello. I'm new to the forum but I have a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am silver with the LT1 and the Borg Warner T56. I bought this car for a steal of a price (or so I thought) but the manual transmission was getting stuck between 4th and 5th gear and needed a rebuild. I got it completely rebuild with warranty, got a new stage 2 clutch and a new flywheel and bolted it all together but now the car started suffering from blow by. The car didn't suffer from it before but now it does. I need a shop that can remove the engine, get it rebuild and reinstall it. I don't mind doing some travel to take the car to the right place as long as it's a place I can trust and that know these cars like the palm of their hand. Any suggestions? Otherwise I will have to sell it as is. Here is a picture of my car
Attached Thumbnails LT1 shop needed near Oviedo or Orlando Florida for rebuild-transam95.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Currently rebuilding an lt1 right now in Lake Mary, it can be very daunting but if you dive in and do your research a rebuild is something you could do yourself having a shop do it costs far beyond what you would pay DIY style. Plus you can put a few speed parts into the motor with all the money you saved! I have a cherry picker I could let you use cheaper than any parts store if that helps!
Old 02-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Unfortunately I live in an apartment and no longer have the space. The car already has some goodies. Roller cam and rockers with aftermarket valve covers, short headers with egr eliminated, msd box with corresponding msd optispark and corvette rims as on the picture. Looks like a loss cause to me. I think it's going on Craigslist pretty soon.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

Bowtie auto in longwood we are currently doing one now
Old 02-17-2016, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

I live in the Sanford area and work in oviedo. My mechanic is retired gm with extensive experience with the lts he's helped me alot on my car. I'm still a newbie myself but I know he could help and he's really reasonable If u pm me I could try to have it looked at for you

Quick Reply: LT1 shop needed near Oviedo or Orlando Florida for rebuild