LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone ever run brakemotive rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone ever run brakemotive rotors?

Trying to piece together some parts for the LS1 front brake swap. I'm gonna go a little more performance oriented this go round, drilled/slotted rotors , more aggressive pads etc.. I noticed on eBay a company known as "brakemotive" they look like they're a pretty quality part. I've seen some members here give them good reviews, just wandering how many people have did the 98+ brake swap and use the LS1 sized rotors on they're LT1 car. LT1 brakes suck, How did GM manage to legally sell a car that fast with brakes as awful as they are... Lol
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running their drilled/slotted rotors front and rear with ls1 fronts, they're good quality, and have been working great for DD and auto-x. I picked mine up from Rock auto
Old 06-18-2016, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Iv have them on mine for 30k+ miles. I just replaced the pads few days ago. These are just the blanks. Drilled/slotted are for looks only and are a down grade from blanks.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Iv have them on mine for 30k+ miles. I just replaced the pads few days ago. These are just the blanks. Drilled/slotted are for looks only and are a down grade from blanks.
The argument never ends, some say less surface area and others argue you need to holes to dissipate heat better etc, I'm more on the negative side on drilled/slotted but! I've never had them before and I'm going to try them and see what I, think about them
Old 06-18-2016, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jaxem
I'm running their drilled/slotted rotors front and rear with ls1 fronts, they're good quality, and have been working great for DD and auto-x. I picked mine up from Rock auto
How is the braking difference?? Im very disappointed in the stock performance of the LT1 brakes, they even have decent pads and the system has been bled etc, they just plainly suck.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

This is just my personal experience with rotors,

I had some Baer Decelerotors, they were like $350 or something insane for the pair. Drilled and slotted. They cracked, thankfully while still under warranty. Yeah the new pair went up on eBay.

I had some Brembo Blanks. At this point I am not sure if I had bad luck, or maybe this is before I knew about greasing guide pins... I had some issues with them. Then I went to slotted rotors, powerstops maybe? Not sure, I had gotten them from Sam Strano's site. On the backside they may have also been stamped Brembo??? Anyway, that is what I have had on the car for the last 6 years or so, no issues.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
How is the braking difference?? Im very disappointed in the stock performance of the LT1 brakes, they even have decent pads and the system has been bled etc, they just plainly suck.
Yeah, the stock brakes do not feel like a big upgrade over the 4 wheel drums I used to have on my 66 stang, but with the ls1 fronts, it feels like Performance car, and will stop about as fast as you want when you really stomp. It's a very worthwhile upgrade with lots of safety and practicality besides looking nice and making you much more confident in your car
Old 06-20-2016, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxem
Yeah, the stock brakes do not feel like a big upgrade over the 4 wheel drums I used to have on my 66 stang, but with the ls1 fronts, it feels like Performance car, and will stop about as fast as you want when you really stomp. It's a very worthwhile upgrade with lots of safety and practicality besides looking nice and making you much more confident in your car
I did the LS brake swap with cheapo Autozone blank discs and pads. With the LT1 brakes, I couldn't brake stand. The burning out rear tires would push past my front brakes, pathetic. Now, I can brake stand with ease. Barely any pedal and I'm not moving.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I am using their front and rear Dimpled/Slotted rotors that were black zinc coated. I only changed from factory style to these when redoing entire suspension.

Pros:
Not all rusty looking

Cons:
Still squeaky at times from using the pads that came with them I am guessing

I have not really noticed any difference in using them and really went for "looks" over all out ability as i do not drag my car nor autocross it.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Their rotors appear to be OK but the pads they provide are likely only good for a milder setup. Here is what mine look like after stopping my car from 140 pulls at the track. Granted my car is no lightweight.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever run brakemotive rotors?-0412161936.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone ever run brakemotive rotors?