LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help! Pulley's no longer line up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help! Pulley's no longer line up.

OK, here is the situation. Putting the car back together after years in the garage. I am running 383 ci LT1 with Callies crank, EFI Connection 24X conversion utilizing an ATI Super Dampener and the ATI supercharger hub that has the small block i.d with the big block o.d. Vortech T-Trim, Trick Flow heads, etc. When I first installed the setup years ago I was not running the 24X system so no crank reluctor wheel therefore I was using the .100 shim that came with the hub. I never noticed if the accessories lined up years ago and only ran the car from the shop to the garage. Fast forward 10 years and I am installing 24X setup vice OPTI. I have removed the .100 shim and installed the 24X reluctor wheel (same thickness as shim from ATI). I have reinstalled the hub and verified a dozen times that the crank gear, reluctor and hub are fully seated. Sent pictures to EFI Connection and they said the reluctor looks properly seated. My crank pulley is approximately .250 forward of my accessories? There is no way the crank gear, reluctor and hub could seat another .250 so that can't be the issue. I hate to machine .250 off the hub if I am missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it could be. Please if anyone can help am I at a loss. Thank you, Robert.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by ramermanz28
I have removed the .100 shim and installed the 24X reluctor wheel (same thickness as shim from ATI).
Did you measure to verify this?
Old 09-01-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

contact ATI

They have 3 hubs IIRC which are different lengths

Quick Reply: Need help! Pulley's no longer line up.