LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

DMH e cutout, QTP which brand?? any good????? hello anyone bueller??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMH e cutout, QTP which brand?? any good????? hello anyone bueller??

Which brand e cutout should I use on my 98' T/A LS1 can someone please give me advice.. I have not gotten any responses so far does anyone still use this site?? I tried calling DMH and they're either disconnected or busy, are they still in business all the stuff I read on them is like 5 years ago.. is there anyone out there still working on 98-02 F bodies or am I just a little late for the party or what?? lol... anyone, anyone... Bueller.. Bueller... is anyone home?? as I have lots of mods, repairs, and questions to ask although I am no noob.. i have read this forumn for years and although I have had many F bodies, I have only owned an LSX f body for 11 months and am restoring it and slightly modding it..so again i have lots to talk about.. and a few questions..

Last edited by T/A bandit; 08-22-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Launching!

QTP, easier to find and easier to get a hold of. It all comes down to where you want to mount them. With the E cutouts you have to have clearance space for the solenoid. If your car is lowered the E-cutouts might stick out lower so be prepared for them to scrape.

Personally I like the regular old 3 bolt unscrew them yourself manual cutouts. Less weight and no solenoid/wire crap to worry about breaking down or getting messed plus most people that use cutouts have them for the novelty of making their cars sound more aggressive. If you're at the track (the only place it really matters) it takes like 5 minutes to jack the car up and pull the covers off.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 08-23-2017 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

first off you are asking a question about an ls1 fbody in the lt1 section...... that is why you aren't getting any bites.

that said, I have a QTP electric cutout in my car, toggle switch mounted in the ash tray. not too difficult to wire and has been working for me for 4 summers now. cut out the section of pipe you want to mount it and either weld it yourself or bring it to a shop to be welded in. its really simple
Old 08-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Oh and also with these cut out questions I noticed guys never say if they plan on installing 1 or 2 of them if you have ST or LT's because there's going to be a big difference in the room you're working with depending on how much piping you have to play with.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

good point, I have longtubes with a catless y-pipe and mine is mounted after the y. there is a nice little indent in the floor which helps with room for the solenoid part of the cutout and keeping the exhaust tucked up nicely.

Quick Reply: DMH e cutout, QTP which brand?? any good????? hello anyone bueller??