LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 starter upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 starter upgrades

I have a 1994 z28 and I'm looking for any suggestions on what I can do to upgrade my LT1 or car in general. I've been looking into some things like better pistons, head gaskets. Not too sure how well that would go for a starter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Cold air intake, longtube headers with y pipe, cat back exhaust system, 3600 stall, 3.73 gears and a tune.. I promise if you do those things you won’t regonize your car.. I mean that in a good way lol..
Old 11-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1
Cold air intake, longtube headers with y pipe, cat back exhaust system, 3600 stall, 3.73 gears and a tune.. I promise if you do those things you won’t regonize your car.. I mean that in a good way lol..
Thanks for pointing me in a good direction. A buddy of mine told me before I put on a turbo kit to change out the pistols since the lt1 can only handle 6psi of boost
Old 11-20-2017, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zackary vdb
Thanks for pointing me in a good direction. A buddy of mine told me before I put on a turbo kit to change out the pistols since the lt1 can only handle 6psi of boost
What exactly do you want to use the car for? Sounds like you already have your mind set on turboing the car? If that's the case start doing your research and saving up your money.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28jimmy
What exactly do you want to use the car for? Sounds like you already have your mind set on turboing the car? If that's the case start doing your research and saving up your money.
I'm just trying to increase the power it can put out for every day driving and taking it to the strip here and there. But yea I'm looking into what I need and can do before installing a turbo
Old 11-20-2017, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zackary vdb
I'm just trying to increase the power it can put out for every day driving and taking it to the strip here and there. But yea I'm looking into what I need and can do before installing a turbo
I would suggest doing some searches and spend alot of time reading. There's some great info floating around that will get you started. After that set a budget and then you can start to formulate a plan.

Quick Reply: LT1 starter upgrades