LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Afr vs Ai vs Le heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mercy,
Heads are destroyed. Might be better to just eat them and start from scratch.

Well day 17, and still no email reply back from AI "NO customer service". I still submit that they could at least have taken the 30 seconds to copy/paste and reply "Sorry were overly backed up, and LTx porting is not being done at this time". Truly shameful that I am now delayed by two weeks...but moving on!

So I emailed Lloyd, and as expected, a prompt reply followed. He believes that the performance possibilities of porting the heads to LE2 spec today, is better than it was 10 years ago. Kind of makes sense that that it would be that way...regardless of who ports them. So at this time, I lam looking to LE to port them again...since he has the interest in doing the job, and also that he has been so helpful to me in the past. He also stated that turn around time, is 1-2 weeks or so. So that sounds good too.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really

Originally Posted by Fly on the wall
I had my AFR heads ported by Lloyd. Could not be happier. His customer service is exceptional. It did not matter how many questions I had, he always got back to me within 24 hours. Can't say that about the other two mentioned.

I had lloyd build my afr 227 from bare

wonder how they will perform
Old 08-15-2018, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No one beats Lloyd in customer service. I bug him with annoying questions every month and he promptly replies .
I really like TPIS out of Minnesota too. Jim Hall is a brilliant lt1 master and is very approachable on facebook sites and by phone.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 350 groundpounder
No one beats Lloyd in customer service. I bug him with annoying questions every month and he promptly replies .
I really like TPIS out of Minnesota too. Jim Hall is a brilliant lt1 master and is very approachable on facebook sites and by phone.

I had mine tuned at TPIS twice and thought the same thing about Jim. He gave us a full tour of the shop and talked to me like I’d known him for years.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by cam2z

What intake did you go with for the afr 210s?
Edelbrock LT4 intake