LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/C Delete/Cooling fan operation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Having your fans on all the time is a waste of energy (HP) and wear and tear on them. Not necessary. A properly wired fan switch is relatively simple and very safe, using the factory components/relays. An improperly wired switch can cause a wire meltdown and a fire. The fans pull a lot of amperage. Fan reprogramming is the most elegant solution, if you have the means to do it.

As stated before, you don't have anything wrong. It's working the way it was designed.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SHBOX, I think if you read more carefully you will see that my car still has an issue. My fans do not come on at all unless the sensor is unplugged.

Just because you can't force my hand to wire a lame *** switch into the passenger compartment to turn the fans on (who is going to remember to turn it on manually), doesn't mean my problem is solved.

WOW...

SH
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Easy there, killer. shbox has the best reference info when it comes to this car. Go find info elsewhere if you 're going to be a turd. Get off your lazy ***, buy a volt meter and start prodding wires instead of wasting your time typing out your butt hurt.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Done with this thread. Don't need the drama.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spyhunter
SHBOX, I think if you read more carefully you will see that my car still has an issue. My fans do not come on at all unless the sensor is unplugged.

Just because you can't force my hand to wire a lame *** switch into the passenger compartment to turn the fans on (who is going to remember to turn it on manually), doesn't mean my problem is solved.

WOW...

SH

Easy Tiger, Shoebox is the legitimate authority on these cars. A LOT of the information you get from people on this site will be information they got in some form or fashion from Shoebox's website or directly from him. Don't burn bridges, especially with people who are a wealth of knowledge and are willing to provide it generously without any expectation of return.

If you don't like the information received, or the way in which it is received, be an adult about it rethink your question or the manner in which it was asked.
The following users liked this post:
j 2020 (04-24-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, I said I would post an update, and yeah my car has been running cool, at quarter gauge for over 2 years now!

I bypassed the relays to make 1 fan run constantly. After the sensor was plugged back in, she has been running fine.

I'm not waiting for the stupid PCM to 'decide' to cool my engine at half gauge, which I explained the fans were not even coming on then. Yet I was told this is NORMAL, this is how it was DESIGNED (to burn up).

I don't have a burned out (inexpensive) fan, which is designed to basically run constantly, and I don't have a dead battery either...

I am appreciative for the schematic however, Thank You.

SH
Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Its too bad one can't change the settings in the PCM to make the fans come on and off earlier.
The following users liked this post:
94_LT1_TransAm (09-21-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 04:18 PM
Teching In

It was mentioned that the fans can be reprogrammed, but you are saying that the fans cannot be reprogrammed at all?

SH
Old 09-21-2020, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you can reprogram the PCM to let the fans come on sooner. You can set it to where the fans come on when the car first starts up if you want lol, just set the kick on temp really low...

Quick Reply: A/C Delete/Cooling fan operation?