LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I think I may have spun a bearing. Please tell me why I'm wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think I may have spun a bearing. Please tell me why I'm wrong.

When I hit the clutch the car feels like it wants to die, and it doesn't really want to rev under load. It is making a strange sound that you can only hear with the hood open, almost like a knock, but it only really starts when the car gets warmed up and is winding down from blipping the throttle. I have roller rockers, but I don't think that is causing the noise.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Why is your speedo moving when you RPM climbs when it looks as though you are stationary?
If it is a spun bearing you are doing your engine no good by revving it. Get an analogue gauge to confirm pressure is bad. If analogue gauge states pressure is good, get another sending unit to see if that's your issue. If it confirms the pressure is bad then it's time to come apart. Do not start the car again unless confirming with analogue gauge. Doing so now could be further damaging rotating parts and if you want to reuse them they may need repairing or may become unusable.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Where would I connect an analog gauge? And as for the speedo, I have no idea, it's always done that. I was completely stopped with the e brake on.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Old 10-02-2018, 03:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Why is your speedo moving when you RPM climbs when it looks as though you are stationary?
90's GM's do that for some reason. Think it's a voltage issue with the gauges. I've had numerous S10's and Silverado's do it.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Default Post winter update.

After getting back on here at tech, I decided I'd go out and give the car one more try. It turns out that my oil pressure sensor connector was not fully seated. However, I do still have issues, and now it's time to troubleshoot, so I'll start a more relevant thread.