LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

NEB Historic Flood - Grundy Worldwide, What a Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEB Historic Flood - Grundy Worldwide, What a Disappointment

I signed up with Grundy prior to this historic Nebraska flood and everything was agreed upon (pictures/value/insured coverage/underinsured coverage/non-insured coverage. All that was waiting was payment for my yearly premium and all was set. I verified a few things with them on Friday March 15th and now they won't cover my 1997 Camaro Z28 and told me due to flooding they are not taking any new policies.

These people can blow me..

I had this all worked out with them before the flooding happened and as of last Friday everything was verified with them (address of high performance shop and address of my garage). This was after the flooding even started and they sent me the binder and I just had to pay the amount. Which I planned to do by this Friday, decided to do it early as I have my regular insurance ending on March 25th and I had Grundy taking over on the 25th with regular insurance dropping off on the 26th of March. There was a 1 day period where I would have both policies coverage.

This sucks lol.

Maybe they are not the best ha..
Old 03-20-2019, 02:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Insurance companies are going to be taking a huge hit with all the claims here in the Midwest and they will want to take a closer look at everything before they start issuing new policies.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE..........

After being put on numerous holds / transfers and everything in between the underwriting team talked with their managers and mr. grundy? And they are willing to insure my car...My effective date was 03/25/2019 and they said they wouldn't cover me because my policy was not active yet. But everything had been approved both by parties, I'm both surprised and happy that they stood by their word (didn't sound like they would in the beginning) and two they are willing to cover me. My regular insurance drops off on the 25th and this lapses with one day.