LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

aftermarket gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default aftermarket gauges.

I want to install, water temp, oil pressure, and battery voltage. i have a spot in mind to mount all three. just wondering where you guys plugged into.

im going to do analog gauges, and mount them in my dash in the three holes where vents go (95 formula)

as far as voltage i believe that’s pretty straight forward
with water and oil however i’m not 100% sure. i want to do this right.

furthermore, what gauges have you guys used? keep in mind i’m going for analog. Thank you
Old 06-01-2019, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I use Autometer analog. Several styles to choose from.

I use the "sender" type oil gauge, not the mechanical type you run a thin tube line of oil into the car/gauge.

You will need to tap into a "key on/motor on" circuit to activate gauge, ground, wire to new temp, amp & oil gauge and if you want the gauge lights to come on/dim like your dash gauge you need to tap into that wire/circuit. If you just want them on all the time than you can use the key on circuit to also run the gauge light

Another gauge option is Speedhut. Very good gauges and you can custom order bezels & trim ring color/font.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speedhut gauges are awesome!!! I use them in my Sprite and they work well. Going to buy another custom set for my triumph as well when the time comes for that.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my setup in My Cadillac. The Oil pressure uses a braided hose and the water temp goes to a collar that slpices into the upper radiator hose. You can see the collar in the second pic.