LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Well... I've decided to put a ratchet in the truck... but which one?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well... I've decided to put a ratchet in the truck... but which one?!

Well I have been looking around but I have no idea which ratchet to go with. I have the 4L60E tranny with a B&M shift kit. So which ratchet should i go with, which one is good?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

no one has any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

you talking about a differential?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

something like this but it doesnt fit the 4L60E
http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id...ubcat=2&pid=21
I cant find anything that fits it
Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do yourself a favour, and dont get a ratchet shifter Man those things drive me nuts, not to mention i think they kill the interiors appearance.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Man a slap stick is great! i had one in my first car, a 69 firebird with a chevy 350/350. i handed that shiffter tons of aburse and never had any problems out of it. i love the way you can slap the hell out of it but the ratchet mechanism only lets it go up one gear.

most shifters like this are designed for the floor or a console. you may have to get crative to mount it in a truck. the coolest set up i ever saw was i guy with a tubed and blown S10. he got a long a$$ shifter cable and mounted the shifter to the upper part of the roll bar just at or above head level. he shifted with his hand up in the air. like he was beeing swarn in at court but his other hand was on the steering wheel not a bible. of course this would not be good for the street obviously. it would block your vision a bit and and would not feel good if your head smacks it without a helmet on.

agian i loved the mega shifter i had. it made it really fun to drive and the drive or OD in your case still works like it normally would. you don't have to shift it all the time unless you just really want to. the shifter never gave me any trouble and i beat the hell out of it. i would slap i so hard and try to get it to shift more than one gear but it never did. if i ever had another automatic i would most likely get another megashifter.

in all fareness though. like i said the shifter never gave me any trouble, but the life expedency of the shift cable is about 1-2 years. keep that in mind when you mount it. you more than likely will replace the cable at least once.

Quick Reply: Well... I've decided to put a ratchet in the truck... but which one?!