LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pics of stainless steel Ram Air inserts, chrome filler bird & Strano front 35mm

Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pics of stainless steel Ram Air inserts, chrome filler bird & Strano front 35mm

Well, I got motivated and installed the Strano 35mm hollow front swaybar (performance red powdercoat) with the (silver chrome powdercoat) saddlebrackets. If you purchase the Strano swaybars you will have to powdercoat them yourself. Sam only offers the bars in a painted gray/black finish. The Strano swaybar is a very nice piece for the money and quite a bit lighter than most competitors bars at the same price. I will probably install the rear Strano bar next week. The install was very straight-forward and probably took me 1 hour (and that was screwing around taking my time) I also took a few pics of the the Stainless Steel polished Ram Air inserts and the chrome bird / Trans Am on the filler panel. I had put these items on a couple of months ago and just never got a chance to take some pics. Sorry for the low-light conditions on some of the pics. Amazingly the car does feel a tad more responsive to steering input. I was kinda surprised because I thought it handled well with the old BMR 32mm frt / 21mm rear setup. The Strano front / rear setup is considerably lighter than any other solid bar on the market On the way back to the garage I got a chance to completely open up the bird in 3rd gear and it felt good to put my foot in this thing and ring it's neck out a little bit I can tell a huge difference in throttle response and linear power delivery with the DELTEQ ignition setup. The 315/30/18 drag radials felt real gummy on monday evening with temp stuck around 95. Life is good, I'm happy for now !

:yeahpc:
Old 07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome job there!!!!

I can only hope to have my silver 97T/A looking that good... I bought it about 2 1/2 months ago and just started on her.

I am glad those bars are working for you, they look good ...if you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up the rear tail panel insert? That's nice!

Mike
Old 07-18-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a spare one and polished the factory bird and lettering off the filler panel. You can usually buy the decals for about $14 I think from Bret Franker ? The filler panel for about $40 used and then whatever someone wants to charge for the polishing. Post some pics of your 97 T/A. Silver is a rare color on the 96/97 WS6 cars !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of stainless steel Ram Air inserts, chrome filler bird & Strano front 35mm