LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2 opti install questions (not a fix my miss thread)

Old 09-09-2006, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 opti install questions (not a fix my miss thread)

ok im in the midle of installing my new accel opti but im having some problems installing it.

1. i noticed the accell opti has 2 orings on it, and although the old one has the same 2 slots, there are no orings, did the origonal not come with orings or are mine just MIA.

2. how do i seat it correctly, i thought i had it lined up right ( the special slot on the opti was slightly above the 1 on my original so i lined up my new one the same way but it doesnt wanna seat and i dont wanna force it) the special slot on the opti is supposed to mesh with the brass/copper pin is it not? and the 3 round holes on the opti line up with the cam bolts right?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

yes they is supposed to be two orings on the opti drive. Yes the pin goes into the special slot. a lot of the time the new slot isnt as loose as the old one and coupled with the new orings on the drive make the new opti harder to go on. Once you line that slot up and the bolt holes up just use your hands and it will eventually go on.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

what should i use to lube the new orings? the accell direstions sai they should be used, will sillicone do? or is vasoline better
Old 09-09-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

for the ones on the opti drive? I'd just dab some regular clean motor oil on them
Old 09-09-2006, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by buffman
for the ones on the opti drive? I'd just dab some regular clean motor oil on them
yup...thanks for the help buffman
Old 09-09-2006, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

hey man if you need help let me know i am a pro at it now.LOL i have only taken it off and put them back on about 20 times lol
Old 09-09-2006, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

hahaha, i got it in now, the only problem im having is getting the connector in, it doesnt wanna fit. it seems like its just too short or something.

jd did you get your miss sorted out?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Its dose it sometimes, its weird... Thier is nothing more i can really do it has a new opti plugs wires, opti wire harness, opti vacumm harness.LOL the only thing left is the coil. Mabey its in the tunning like Jimmyblue said in one of my other threads. If you are haveing problems getting the wire connector in, you kinda have to move it around a little and push down HARD. My summit opti was like that. My new AC Declo opti the plug just plugs in real nice and smooth. I just hope you try and make sure it runs befor you bolt up the water pump and fill it with coolent. I made that mastake 3 times
Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

i was thinking pcm earlier too, because of my whole hot cold thing. my egr isnt completely blocked off and my air is but it throws codes. i think im gonna order the LT1 edit software and have mike get rid of some ****, and maybe tinker around with some other stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 opti install questions (not a fix my miss thread)