LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 Formula low end power problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 Formula low end power problem

My 95 seems to be a little low on power in the low end. I never noticed it untill i had a new rear end put in not knowing if the old rear was still the stock 2.73. but the new rear is. I really dont think its with the gears it seems like as soon as i get over 2k its pulls hard untill the shift to second which is my best gear right now. 1st gear isnt horrible but it just seems like I am building more power in the mid to high range in first then low just think thats kinda strange considering LT1 are mostly low end. does anyone know what could be causing this.
I am also chopping my cat because its starting to go bad sounds like I have marble in it when i turn the car off so could my cat be the problem or something else.
I think my opti is on its way out if that could be it it has 75k on it along with stock plugs and wires at an idle my car gets a vibration and I have a loping sound out the exhaust.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my cadillac with 2.93's and tall 29" tires was really lacking until it hit about 2500, when it started to scream. It's possible your car had 3.23's before. but i donno **** about f-body options.

Quick Reply: 95 Formula low end power problem