LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just bought my first F-body!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first F-body!!

Sup fella's, been havin the fever for an F-body for a while now so I finally decided to do somethin about it. I bought a 97 Z28, 6-speed, moroso cold air kit, headers, and flowmasters performance wise. Cosmetically its got black Z06 wheels with the silver rim and some wide @$$ meats in the back, d@mn thing almost looks tubbed. There are a couple things wrong with it though, whiskey dent in the rear drivers side fender, exhaust leak between the header and head, a tear in the drivers seat, and needs paint on the hood. Acceleration is a little rough and it has a miss but its got 110k on it and needs a serious tune up. But Ive got that squared away, just waitin on plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. Im wanting to do an oilpan up build on the engine a little ways down the road but Im not too mechanically inclined on the LT1 and later engines so I may need some advice on beefin this project up. Im thinkin about a cam and head kit from some ole boy named Lloyd who I read about in a thread on here. Any advice fella's?? Thanks
Old 10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats on the fbody! Definately doing right in getting plugs , wires and such. With the stumble and misfire it sounds like a burnt plug wire.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Launching!

cool, congrats on ur buy.. drive safe and burn some...
Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
JUICED96Z

Congrats, Id get it tunes up also and ditch the flomaster lol... Lloyd and a few others to great work and have great customer service.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Teching In

i also have a exhaust leak between the header and head, sounds like crap
Old 10-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Commando
cool, congrats on ur buy.. drive safe and burn some...
lol, I burnt some the other day.d I turned that d@mn traction control button off, got on it pretty hard and brought it up to about 60 before lookin in the rear view mirror thinkin my d@mn car was on fire, so I let off the gas some and...CHIRP

JUICED96Z= Yeah, first thing I thought when the guy told me it had flows at the dealership. Sounds pretty mean with the BBK headers though. Thinkin about goin Borla, what do you think bro?