LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Were can I find a LT4 intake??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
The lt4 stetup(intake,heads) is pretty useless because its too expensive for what it give you(my taste).

Dont get me wrong here i trully respect everyone that modify there car.So if someone want to make the lt4 conversion thats cool and he probably be happy with it.

But just to let you know that a stock heads and intake properly match,ported can take you in the 9sec with a practicly full weight f-body

Here is a good link of what a good setup can do.You have all the info and also a couple of vids.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Abare.html

Enjoy
First of all you want to compare a modified LT1 head to a stock LT4 head, cause stock for stock LT4 out flows. Take both heads and get them ported by AI, don't you think the LT4 might out flow the LT1 after being ported, as you would say properly port matched. Botom line the LT4 is faster then the LT1 stock for stock. You guys want to compare modifying and LT1 cast and leave the LT4 alone thats not a fair comparision.

When I had my motor done I did'nt want to hassle with anything used(parts wise) I bought everything brand new. I didnt want to modify the top half only to worry when will my bottom half give out. **** it new motor. Replaced every single sensor the car has... Yes I spent a **** load of money but I also have in the back of my mind that I don't really have to worry about my car breaking down. Like I said I just did'nt want to hassle with anything.

We got a challenge 15 of our local cars (Laredo) VS 15 Cars from Edinburg Texas. I am challenging an 2002 LS1 TransAM running 11.60's anxious to see what my car will do

Last edited by streetwarrior96; 10-14-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 317 Likes on 240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Damn..
I am just happy with the Hot Cam, Rockers, and Timing Chain..lol
Old 10-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Thats your only point... that the LT4 head outflows the LT1 head... so?
That doesn't make it the best choice.

These are the reason's the LT4 is better. Not just the head.

New camshaft design
Larger valves
Roller rocker arms
Revised Head design
Head Gaskets
Revised Piston Design
Positive-twist top piston rings
Fuel System
Intake Manifold
Roller timing chain
Specially machined crankshaft
Dual-mass front torsional damper
Nodular iron main bearing caps
Teflon rear crank seal

The big difference is not the intake, but the heads.

"The big difference in the heads is the intake and exhaust ports. Both are larger with bigger radius bends. The "short side" radius of the LT4's exhaust port in particular has been increased to reduce back pressure at higher RPM,s. A throat cut just past the exhaust valve seat also opens up the exhaust port. (Unshrouding valve). The Intake port volume has increasd by 25cc. Increased from 170cc on the LT1 to 195cc for the LT4. The flow through the heads have been increased from 212CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @ 28" (711mm) (LT1) to 240CFM (LT4)."

Educated enough?

Why are you compairing a stock LT1 engine to a stock LT4 motor? That isn't what these argumetns were about. They were about ported LT4 heads and matching cam vs. ported LT1 heads and matching cam. And thanks for educating me on the stock LT4 head, although I have no use for that information, because I do not run STOCK LT4 heads.

Years ago I made it a wise decision not to take advice from people who talked about parts they never owned. I think it was a wise decision.

The truth of the matter that most guys stick with their LT1 heads, is because they cannot afford to upgrade to an LT4 setup and then have those parts modified. It's cheaper for them to use what they already have, so they stick with the LT1 castings to get the best bang for the buck.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 10-14-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 317 Likes on 240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
The truth of the matter that most guys stick with their LT1 heads, is because they cannot afford to upgrade to an LT4 setup and then have those parts modified. It's cheaper for them to use what they already have, so they stick with the LT1 castings to get the best bang for the buck.
I'll back that one.. I have the money, but it is going to be spent wiser in different areas.
That and I like to hear people say "It's just a little LT1, He isn't ****.."
Then they get their *** handed to them, by that little LT1.

Quick Reply: Were can I find a LT4 intake??