LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LT1-LT4 Modifications (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications-31/)
-   -   I got the SHAKES!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/594030-i-got-shakes.html)

evalless 10-18-2006 01:09 AM

I got the SHAKES!!

My LT1 has a stuttering problem that can't be diagnosed because the engine light does not show. It started a few months ago to what seemed to be a misfire with the pistons that lead to a loss of horse power.
Heres a list of things that I've gotten done to this day:
-spark plugs/wires
-optispark (twice)
-replaced water pump
-flashed computer
-injector flush
I've been told that the injectors had a bad ground and were cutting in and out. Before installing new plugs two days ago, the stuttering came and went on idle, in reverse, high speeds, low speeds, park, etc. Even in all temps. Now after changing the plugs it has become consistant throughout the drive. I've checked a double checked the .50 gapping on the plugs and double checked the wire ends. All Kosher.
Please tell me I'm not the only one.
HELP!

sick of all-
eddie

aintno6 10-18-2006 01:38 AM

Does this only happen at idle? While running? Durring all rpms?

Formula350 10-18-2006 04:36 AM

LMAO at "While running"

"Nope... goes away when I shut it off.... HHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRREEESSS your sign!" :D

Replace the fuel filter.

You can send the $80 to my pay-pal lol (Even though it only took me a second, I have to charge you for one hour of labor)

the_merv 10-18-2006 07:17 AM

Lol, that was good..

mack 10-18-2006 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by evalless
My LT1 has a stuttering problem that can't be diagnosed because the engine light does not show. It started a few months ago to what seemed to be a misfire with the pistons that lead to a loss of horse power.
Heres a list of things that I've gotten done to this day:
-spark plugs/wires
-optispark (twice)
-replaced water pump
-flashed computer
-injector flush
I've been told that the injectors had a bad ground and were cutting in and out. Before installing new plugs two days ago, the stuttering came and went on idle, in reverse, high speeds, low speeds, park, etc. Even in all temps. Now after changing the plugs it has become consistant throughout the drive. I've checked a double checked the .50 gapping on the plugs and double checked the wire ends. All Kosher.
Please tell me I'm not the only one.
HELP!

sick of all-
eddie

Merv, let me know if changing the fuel pump worked. I've been having the same issues.

Ls1Bait 10-18-2006 12:50 PM

any word?

the_merv 10-18-2006 01:52 PM

Yea, could be Fuel Filter, or Fuel Pump. Mine didn't even run when the Fuel Pump went. I was pissed, rolled up to a friends, parked, then went to start it and it wouldn't even start..

ZFan88 10-18-2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by the_merv
Yea, could be Fuel Filter, or Fuel Pump. Mine didn't even run when the Fuel Pump went. I was pissed, rolled up to a friends, parked, then went to start it and it wouldn't even start..

I hate that feeling when you're not sure if the car will start...

the_merv 10-18-2006 02:15 PM

Wonder what mine will do when I get it back together and try for the first time.
The Moment of Truth..