LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

can i run at the track without a tune/?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can i run at the track without a tune/?

well the car is going on the dyno over the weekend, so it has no tune as of now. i broke the engine in, and it runs strong,.well a couple of buddies are going to the track 2morrow night, and i was curious,--- well the question is --am i playing with fire if i keep the foot to the floor for a complete pass. i mean -- as of now, i get on it but, i let off like around 90mph ish.. or i feather it.. ... i really have never stomped it all the way.

its a 355,
a4
longtubes--duals,match ported intake and heads and all that stuff, lt4 hot cam, and all the valve train, msd coil, tr55, put them in yesterday, lt4km, cia, slp fan switch, 160 thermo.,3 angle valvejob, and , \

again .. car runs good. just no tune as of yet.. and when i pulled all my spark plugs, none were dark, they were all light color. a clean burn.

let me know///
Old 10-24-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Just wait a few more days for the tune...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Launching!

whats the wrost that can happen?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Well my buddy in a different kind of turbo car decided to race his without a tune and blew the motor. Now he has to start all over. Granted it's a turbo, but bad things can always happen. Why put all that money into and not wait just a few days for a tune? Sounds like common sense to me..
Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

honestly i cant see that cam or the porting done to the heads a big enough diffrence to cause any damage to your engine. But like others said just wait why chance it for one meesly pass at the strip. Im goiing to try and give you advice and say just wait, i know its hard but, its better to be safe then sorry.