LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

v8 drivetrain in a v6 body

Old 10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default v8 drivetrain in a v6 body

i have a 93 z that i recently found out that it was totaled in the front right before i purchased it. they straitened the sub frame in the front and i didnt stay. now my car sits like 2 inches lower on the right side. my friend has a 93 v6 camaro with a bad motor, i was wondering if i would be able to swap everything from my car to the other car? my motor, k member, suspension, rear end, wire harness and everything. ive droped the motor and rear end out of my car before and i can handle the mechanical part of it, i was wondering if everything would bolt up to the other car and if i swaped my gauge cluster in the other car that i could use my wire harness and computer and everything would plug in without to much wiring problems? and another question, i am planning on swaping a t56 in if i do the swap, the car i want to swap everything into is a 5 speed manual car and would it be possible to use the clutch pedel assembly thats already in the car? what else would i need to complete the t56 swap? and what do i do about my 93 automatic computer to work with a t56?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm no expert yet on 4th gen, but with everything you're tranfering I'd have to go with a 95% sure YES that it'll be OK. The rearend I'm sure is the same, save for the gear ratio maybe. Suspension will be different in the front, spring lb rate. The engine wiring up to the firewall block should be all you need, the rest to the computer should all be the same, and then you'll just bring your computer over with.

The T56 will work with your computer AFTER you change a setting in the EPROM. There's a check box, open for Automatic, Checked for Manual. You may even need to monkey with some of the TCC settings, not sure. At any rate, I stumbled across a LT1 Manual BIN last night and I'd be glad to send you it.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

formuala 350 i have all the suspension and rearend/suspension to just drop and swap over to the new car, my biggest concern was wiring. what do u mean by manual BIN? where from minnesota are u from? thanks for the info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: v8 drivetrain in a v6 body