LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Has anyone tried the taylor full metal jacket wires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the taylor full metal jacket wires?

Well I just dropped 127.00 at thunderracing for my new taylor full metal jacket plug wires... has anybody used them, or no anything about them? I was going to go with the taylor ovc wires, but didn't like the idea of crimping/putting them together. so I went with these.,, full metal boot covers and the wires are covered with a aluminum cover also... they will be here tomorrow, I just hope I didn't throw away that much money.. I already burned up 2 sets of moroso wires. on two certain plugs, the boots pretty much touch the headers, I even had heat sleeves on them. only last around 5 months, until they burn up... so has anyone ever used them, or know anything about them...thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not personally used these wires, but even with the covers you still don't want them touching your headers, it still wouldent take long for them to burn up. The whole thing about the wires on our cars is you want to just take your time! Zip ties are very handy and buy a bunch of wires seperaters. The boots shouldent be touching the headers, you want a little bit of slack so the boot isnt over the spark plug sideways.

Performance wise I have used other taylor wires, 8mm, and taylor thundervolt 10.4 mm wires which i highely recommend. Currently I am using magnacor wires because they come cut longer so you have more room to clear headers, but they are also a very high end wire. Just take your time and as long as you have them seperated and not touching your headers they should last a long time.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the taylor full metal jacket wires?