LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Dual setups for LT1's. need pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default True Dual setups for LT1's. need pics!

I did try a search but it's not working for me as of this post.I want to look into doing True duals on my Z. I have Pacesetter LT's and ORY right now and was thinking of putting on my polished SS magnaflow muffler on but then thought of TRUE Duals. If i do it i want to know what mufflers to use and where to get a good Xpipe? I don't want to do dumps at the axels. I also want to find a pics of a system that's tucked real good so i don't have problems with them rubbing the ground. Also i'd like to know pipe size that you guys run and also if i should use cats on it also. Thanks much guys~Cole~
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of people use the Jegs/Summit universal X's with Spiral flows, bullets, and in my case, Edelbrock 304 SDTs (3 5/8" thick even in 3")...Most dump them at the axle because going over is much more involved...In my case I've got a totally custom 3" stainless with the Edelbrocks dumped, but we are going to experiment with going out the side behind both doors with fabricated stainless tips...Do a search of posts under my screen name and you'll se the pix of the dumped system....I couldn't go with the Jegs/Summit stuff because I'm running the Spohn cross brace mounted TA with 2 DS loops....

--Alan
Old 03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cool thanks. anybody else? I really would like to not do dumps My exhuast shop will do me good anyway on the price. Is it THAT much harder to go over the axles? Thanks~Cole~
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
cool thanks. anybody else? I really would like to not do dumps My exhuast shop will do me good anyway on the price. Is it THAT much harder to go over the axles? Thanks~Cole~

it can be done just some careful work needs to be done