LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LT1-LT4 Modifications (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications-31/)
-   -   GM dealer need quick help (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/730540-gm-dealer-need-quick-help.html)

gmtech1 06-12-2007 08:31 AM

GM dealer need quick help

hey guys im a tech at a gm dealer and we have a 94 corvette here that we have been trying to find a crank pulley and hub for ....and have had no luck. we found one, however it says it will fit an lt1 without a crank trigger. if you could let us know what that is and how we can tell if one is on this car we appreciate it. or if you know of any for sale ...thanks

csjta2 06-12-2007 08:38 AM

That's funny!

Jakes Dad 06-12-2007 08:58 AM

Try Mr. Goodwrench!

plaf713 06-12-2007 09:46 AM

damn gm dealers, i hate them. You guys made the damn car and you dont even have a part, thats sad, but funny

Paul Bell 06-12-2007 09:51 AM

The 1994 Corvette LT1 engine does not have a crank trigger. You should be good to go.

The later versions with OBDII have a crank sensor on the side of the timing cover.

texinteg 06-12-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by plaf713
damn gm dealers, i hate them. You guys made the damn car and you dont even have a part, thats sad, but funny

The GM dealers dont make the cars... They just sell them, their parts and service them. Alot of times its not the dealers fault they cant get the part. Gm Discontinues parts and leaves us hanging trying to find parts.

gmtech1 06-12-2007 10:33 AM

thanks for the help and remarks...ill be sure to let my foreman and manager read them lol....

plaf713 06-12-2007 11:03 AM

either way, the dealer/gm is overpriced these days. all about the money for them. i went into a gm dealer a week ago to pick up retainer clips for the fuel injectors, those assholes charged me 40 dollars, for little fucking clips, just because they know i cant find them anywhere else.

FAD2BLK93 06-12-2007 01:46 PM

If this is a lt1 the GM part no. for the hub is 12553250 gm list 113.93
the balancer has the pulley connected to it...the gm part no. is 10128489 list is 619.18
napa auto parts can get an aftermarket one that I used for less than 100.00...
If this is an lt5 motor there is only one part no. for a torsional dampener 10225133 there is no gm list price...you will have to go through a gm dealer...and they can order it from a company called VPI... (vintage parts inc)

texinteg 06-13-2007 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by plaf713
either way, the dealer/gm is overpriced these days. all about the money for them. i went into a gm dealer a week ago to pick up retainer clips for the fuel injectors, those assholes charged me 40 dollars, for little fucking clips, just because they know i cant find them anywhere else.

Not all of them. If I notice someone is being nice and they are trying to build something I will usually help them out on the price. Remember GM sets the MSRP. Its a guidline. I will sell parts just as long as I make some kind of profit. I am not out there to rip anyone off. Now on the other hand if a person were to come in and give me an attitude and complain about everything I would hit them full list. I hardly ever sell anything for MSRP. I like to help out people as much as I can because then when the need another part they wil come back and see me. It all depends on the person you get at the Dealership. I dont work out on the parts counter where I deal with retail that often but when I do I work with the customers. Most of my time is spent in my office answering questions about GMPP or other performance related questions. Like I said it all depends on your attitude toward the person behind the parts counter. Sometimes if you ask nicely they will give you wholesale pricing.

SAPPER 06-13-2007 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by gmtech1
hey guys im a tech at a gm dealer and we have a 94 corvette here that we have been trying to find a crank pulley and hub for ....and have had no luck. we found one, however it says it will fit an lt1 without a crank trigger. if you could let us know what that is and how we can tell if one is on this car we appreciate it. or if you know of any for sale ...thanks

Any LT1 hub from a 94 95 96 will work. The pulley/balancer Is also the same. The only difference was the 96 LT4 hub.

EBAY.... :bang: