LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Running rich!!one!!11one!!11!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badzee
It does seem like an ignition problem, which could cause my car to run rich. I have my stock coil so ill give that a shot (i now have the blaster coil on - but the problem was still there with the stock coil), so maybe i'll use someone's ICM. That sounds about right. I re-scheduled for me to drop off the car at the shop for next monday, so i can do these free/cheap things first to see if i get anywhere. if not, off to the shop she goes. worst comes to worst he says its the opti.. no biggie. ill change that out in a couple of weeks during my break. ill keep you guys updated.. and ricci thanks for the recommendation to check plugs.. i found that oil saturated one of them \= lol.. maybe i sort of lied when i said its all good? what does that sound like to ya, valve stem seals?
Was the end of the plug saturated, or the threads? Try a compression test or leakdown to see how that cylinder compares. Wont help your problem, but it's good to know if you need to have it fixed if the heads ever come off. I dont know about the ICM, I've always had the space mod on mine, and never had problems. Like I said earlier, check your parts with known good parts. I'm still sticking with the opti though. If it comes to that, buy a new GM one and open it up, put locktite on the rotor screws, and silicone the opti shut so it wont get dirt and moisture in it. Mine went 10.50s w/o a problem
Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice! lol.. yeah i have the ICM spacer mod but i remember for like two days after the cap and rotor install, i had the ICM DIRECTLY bolted to th head (dont ask, im not very bright and i do thigns too fast).. so maybe it messed something up? sounds like opti to me too.. i have a 4 month old MSD cap+rotor on there.. if i do the opti, should i shrow on the msd cap and rotor+vented conversion, or should i keep the factory everything?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Nice! lol.. yeah i have the ICM spacer mod but i remember for like two days after the cap and rotor install, i had the ICM DIRECTLY bolted to th head (dont ask, im not very bright and i do thigns too fast).. so maybe it messed something up? sounds like opti to me too.. i have a 4 month old MSD cap+rotor on there.. if i do the opti, should i shrow on the msd cap and rotor+vented conversion, or should i keep the factory everything?
Factory GM vented if you're going to convert. Do like I said and open it up and silicone the outer edge to keep moisture from getting in, it will last a long time.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay, tomorrow was supposed to be the day I was going to take the car to the shop. BUT, as unexpectedly as the problem happened, thats how unexpectedly it went away. This morning i was driving my car to work without a problem. Car felt strong, pulled hard, sounded great, etc.. Was operating as good as it was a few weeks ago.. What the hell is going on? Is this car playing games with me? Lol
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

did this ever get worked out? I was having what sounds like the same problems recently, and I figured out that one of my spark plug wires just fell out. The spark plug was still in there, so I just hooked the little fella right up, and it runs great now, and doesn't burn rich anymore. If it comes and goes, I guess that it could be shaking in and out, but never really leaving the spot.

Quick Reply: Running rich!!one!!11one!!11!!