LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally Got Some New Parts!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Got Some New Parts!!

I ordered a Moroso 7 quart pan sunday night and a summit pickup for it and they came in today.

All I need now is head and intake gaskets, rings, clutch disk, ring and pinion, and a few wiring pigtails and I'll tear the Z down again.

Heres the pics of the pan

And so everyone knows I'm doing a 70% street/20% road race/10% drag setup and I'm currently running a 10% higher volume oil pump than stock. Thats the reasoning behind the 7 quart pan. Also its for the '86 and up 1 piece rear main blocks. I don't have the low oil sensor anymore and wasn't going to spend $250+ just to keep the sensor. I got the pan for $175 and the pickup for $17 from summit. Have to clean the inside of the pan a little but some steel wool should take care of the surface rust it has
Old 04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

No comments huh?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
All I need now is head and intake gaskets, rings, clutch disk, ring and pinion, and a few wiring pigtails and I'll tear the Z down again.
Oh, that's all. You sound like me saying all I have left to do finishing my car is finish cutting a few things out, putting the interior back in, fabbing the turbo setup, chopping off the front end, and putting it back together.

PS: I like your Tinkerbells.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

Nice pan and even better price
Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Oh, that's all. You sound like me saying all I have left to do finishing my car is finish cutting a few things out, putting the interior back in, fabbing the turbo setup, chopping off the front end, and putting it back together.

PS: I like your Tinkerbells.
HAHAHA yeah thats from the wife. She's getting her first tatoo on saturday and you guessed it....tinkerbell

I know the feeling man, I hade it done once already, but I destroyed my auto and my rings didn't seat right cause I was fighting with some misfiring and it never broke in right. Now its got all new ignition parts and a t56 behind it so I'll see how that holds

Nice pan and even better price
I'm hoping it will clear the stock k member, but I'm sure it will. I'll be sure to post some pics after the motor comes out.

Thanks guys
Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Regular

good choice on the pan. i run the same one on my t/a. i questioned the fitment of it with a stock kmember but it worked out for me.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by borninatransam
good choice on the pan. i run the same one on my t/a. i questioned the fitment of it with a stock kmember but it worked out for me.
Thats what I wanted to hear, thanks for posting that. I know of one other guy on here running this pan, but I don't think hes got a stock k member

Do you have LTs? If so how hard is it to change your oil with this pan?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

I wanna know some more on this pan also. Will it work with the stock pickup or do i HAVE to get new one? Also how hard is the oil changing with the pan and LTs? I am keeping up on this because the pan and price are good.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I got the pan for $175 and the pickup for $17 from summit.
that is a great price, i paid a good bit more for mine.

i run the same pan but black. had some real trouble getting it to seal, took it to my gm mechanic at the local chevrolet dealership and he even had to do it twice. still leaks some, but with an lt1 with an aftermarket pan, you'll have that.

Originally Posted by 9formula4
I wanna know some more on this pan also. Will it work with the stock pickup or do i HAVE to get new one? Also how hard is the oil changing with the pan and LTs? I am keeping up on this because the pan and price are good.
pickups are dirt cheap get a new one. no problem changing oil with my LTs but i run duals no y pipe in the way. also the drain plug is relocated to the passenger side of the pan. the pan comes with a magnetic drain plug bolt. thats my favorite thing about it.

Last edited by LT1MAN; 04-04-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

..Let us know if it clears the K member, that would be a bummer.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

uhhhh, im pretty sure it was designed to fit around the stock k-member. i can't tell you about aftermarket ones, but one would assume so. i had troubles getting mine to seal so it was on and off a few times without dropping the k-member, they did have to loosen the k.m. and jack the motor up a little to get it in and out.

edit: this might help
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So how much better is this pan over the stock pan oiling wise? Much better with oil pickup while hard cornering?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

yeah I am definately going to pick one up and use the same pickup as he did.

Anyone else with leaking problems??
Old 04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
uhhhh, im pretty sure it was designed to fit around the stock k-member. i can't tell you about aftermarket ones, but one would assume so. i had troubles getting mine to seal so it was on and off a few times without dropping the k-member, they did have to loosen the k.m. and jack the motor up a little to get it in and out.

edit: this might help
Thats a completely different pan than what I got. The pan that I have is a part # 20205 and is designed for the 86 and up 1 piece rear main motors. The moroso pan that is above is designed for the F bodies but is only 5.5 quarts. My motor will be out when I install the pan so hopefully it won't leak with the aid of some RTV

I got the pan because I'm running a higher volume pump and was worried about running the pan dry at high RPMs or in a hard corner. I'll post lots of pics in the next few weeks, just have a few more things to get. Rings, gears, pigtails, and clutch disk and she'll be ready to go another round
Old 04-12-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
OK so i just noticed on this that your missing a BUNCH of bolts on your oil pan, THAT may be the reason your having leaks.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:47 AM
TECH Addict

^HAHA thats great

Quick Reply: Finally Got Some New Parts!!