How do I fix code p0441-- Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > SBC-BBC-LT1-LT4 PERFORMANCE > LT1-LT4 Modifications
Reload this Page > How do I fix code p0441-- Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
Notices
LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How do I fix code p0441-- Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I finally did this during my spring break. I had already replaced the charcoal canister, and nothing. Replaced the evap purge solenoid, and that valve thing that goes to it (can be seen in the picture from shbox.com) and shoot and blew out all the carbon bits (good bunch came out). Drove for several miles, and light went away.

YeePee!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this thread is a little old, but I came across it searching for help with code P0441.

This post had me rolling!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Originally Posted by wrd1972 View Post
True story,
The plastic tube on my engine that draws fuel vapor from the EVAP cannister was stopped up solid with charcoal chunks, so I need a way to clean it out.

I tried soaking it in gas and cleaners, I also tried bending it but nothing worked. Finaly I broke it up just enough so that air or fluid could barely get through.

I then filled a cup with some purple power and sucked it up through the tube as if it were a straw with the hope that this would help to break up the clog.

So guess what. I assumed that purple power was just a harmless cleaner until I got it in my mouth then OMG. Mouth was totally on fire like SOB and I spit the **** out all over the place in the kitchen. I have siphoned gas tanks and gas tastes like Koolaid compared to purple power cleaner. So since I did not learn my lesson and since the pain and discomfort was not enough I did it a second time.

I cant believe I am telling you guys this.
About 15 minutes later after the pain had subsided a bit I noticed that my lips were getting bigger. I then looked like JJ Walker from "Good Times" in th 70's for a few hours and it also messed up my speech with a major lisp. My wife absolutely could not believe what I did and dropped dead laughing at my new appearance and accent. Dyn-o-mite.

The bottom line is I finally got the plastic tube cleaned out but if I had to do it again I would just buy a replacement no matter what the cost. So the moral of the story, if you ever find some purple power in your mouth , spit don't swallow. Sorry, no video or pics to show.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM

whatto do on dodge stratus
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dubga View Post
I know this thread is a little old, but I came across it searching for help with code P0441.

This post had me rolling!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!
Yeah I remember that. LOL But it can be topped.

Back in 2000 a dip-**** on an off-board 4x4 board was Herculining his rocker panels while obviously being naked. FTR, "Herc" is sticky and nasty and nearly impossible to wash off.

He then posted a thread wanting to know what to do because he got herc on his hootus, which could likely only be two things.

Here is the link to that very epic funny thread:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18595
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

I sure could use some pics od this guys! The guy who had the car before me must have taken all this stuff out so I had to buy all new stuff. I got a canister, the valve that is by it, the purge valve and all but I need to know where the lines are and where to run them now. A simple sketch would have me on my knees with relief! I see a tube the just stops under the car between the rear seats and fuel tank but is that suppose to be like that or does a line to the canister come off that?. I cannot believe I have looked at all the diagrams and have evrythin open to look at here and still am clueless!
SO, where does the lines coming out of the canister go to? The ones coming out the top of the fuel tank seem to be all correct but there is 2 that seem to be back a bit and for venting purposes but which goes where? I am getting the dang codes and have since I bought it but being in Cali they are making me go to a "real" place this year so I cnt buy my way out of it this time. Need some help fellas!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Teching In

I found this thread today while researching the code. According to SHbox's page on 96-97's I found charcoal particles in numbers 7, 14 & 11. I cleaned out 11 & 14 then replaced 7. Code is gone. Also replaced #5 with a 90 degree spark plug boot.