Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what clutch on Hipo blown cars are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what clutch on Hipo blown cars are you using?

I have a 700rwhp blown 402 customer Vette here for a cam upgrade to a special Mike Jones cam.

I realized that the I am disappointed with the Spec clutch and aluminum flywheel we put in about 1500 mls ago. Car is driven rather on teh Autobahn or around the race track (Salzburgring) but the clutch is not holding up, the stage3+ is gone and the steel insert on the flywheel warped beyond believe. This is third or fourth clutch whcih went in in the last 2 years. Clutches are always babied in for the first 300 miles, exactly according to instructions.

What clutches and flywheel are you guys running? I don't want to use a Spec clutch anymore and thinking about a twin disc clutch.

let me know your experiences on such high horsepower applications I am unsure which way to go at the moment.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i got my tranny buit i talked to the guy that built it and he said that the McLeod twin disk is the best on the market. That is all that he recommends for his customers but it is pretty expensive thats y i didnt get it. He said that he knows a few guys that he built their trannys that are making over 600whp and have had it in like 3 or 4 years with no problem. Everybody else ive talked to also said that it is the best clutch. good luck with it