Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans problems!!

Well, to start of my clutch pedal is really light and easy to push down. Compared to any other fbody car i have driven. any ideas?
could it be the master cylinder, slave, new fluid, etc...

Also sometimes mostly in 1st and 3rd gear i will be driving and shift into 3rd and it goes all the way in (at least feels as if its going all the way in) and then it will just pop out and shake and rattle around. and ideas?

Also under WOT shifting into gears mostly 3rd and 4th it seems as if the clutch doesn't fully disengage because it will sometimes grind them.?

any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A soft pedal feel can indicate air in the system as well as release system component flaws. First do a good bleed of the system before you attack components. This soft pedal/ poor release will give some clash-shifts (any or all gear(s)). There is also a known problem with the orig. aluminum 3/4 shift fork=it wears & can cause a gear jump out. First in 3rd then 3rd & 4th. The fix is also known=an iron shift fork.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by calhoon
A soft pedal feel can indicate air in the system as well as release system component flaws. First do a good bleed of the system before you attack components. This soft pedal/ poor release will give some clash-shifts (any or all gear(s)). There is also a known problem with the orig. aluminum 3/4 shift fork=it wears & can cause a gear jump out. First in 3rd then 3rd & 4th. The fix is also known=an iron shift fork.
I have bled the system a bunch, not saying that there still can't be any air in there. I need to rebuild it. Anyone know of a good place to the parts from, or just a parts list?

also my car is so damn hard to get into reverse. I have to use 2 hands every time. Its not hitting the console because i cut that tab off. any ideas?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

any other ideas?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

The fuse to nthe circuit that powers the reverse inhibitor solenoid may be blown and not allowing the solenoid to fire=that will make the load to get the reverse gate rather high.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Where is this fuse, under the hood, or driverside dash?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its under the hood