Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problem (Spec stage 3 + 5.0shifter)

Old 11-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem (Spec stage 3 + 5.0shifter)

I got home from Texas yesterday, drove the whole way Clutch is a spec stage 3, 5.0 shifter.

Anyways on the drive home the shifting was perfect and was what I expected, but one point in the drive the pedal felt really loose and it wouldn't go into any gear, it would stall if I tried to push it into gear with the clutch still in. I noticed there was no fluid, so I got to a gas station and bought some dot 3 brake fluid and filled it up (crappy fluid?) So it was shifting good again, well I get home yesterday go to work then when I get off it was doing the same thing but this time the fluid was full still, I was stuck at the gate of my community for 10 minutes trying to get it into gear, I pumped the pedal for awhile incase there was air but no good.

It continues to do this.

The only way I can get it into gear is if I push the clutch really hard then slam it into a gear.

I don't know much about the clutch stuff, but maybe the fluid I added was just a shitty thing to do for the spec clutch as it was just some random **** from a gas station.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

change your sig. You liscence plate will be a little funny now, as it isn't a ws6.

Anyhow bleed the system- may look at the mityvac system as it may be a temporary fix. sounds like the slave is going out.

Search this Thread