Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch master cylinder install questions

Old 11-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch master cylinder install questions

okay, two quick questions for those that have installed a new clutch master cylinder (preferably with a new GM one, and did the drill mod). First off, my new master cylinder did not have a rubber seal/ring around the steel braided line like my factory one did from my 02. I noticed this when I knocked out the pin and pulled the braided hose out to drill it out some. Is this right ? I am assuming so, since it came with brake fluid already installed and didnt leak.

Second:

Did you have any issues gettign the braided line to plug back into the slave cylinder? I noticed that it went in okay, and appeared to shift and drive fine. However, I didnt seem to be seated in all the way. I noticed that someone on installuniversity said that the bleeding valve on the transmission has to be opened or it wont go in at all. Mine just went it, it just iddnt seem to go in all the way. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
Old 12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

ttt anyone?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was you master cylinder bench bled after you did the drill mod. Yes the new master cylinder should have come with a o-ring on the end of the steel braid line, I am sure that it is there and was just up in the cylinder where the line goes in the housing. If there where no o-ring then the cylinder would melt for sure
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

yeah that is what I thought also. I looked inside the actual master cylinder and didnt see anything. We will see how it goes LOL

Search this Thread