Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

wtf??? another clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default wtf??? another clutch problem

so i just finished up my car..at first i was having an issue with it not disengaging so i bought a mcleod master and it seemed to have solved the problem but today i take the car out for a spin and what do you know, the pedal sticks to the floor on me. The first time it got stuck i was able to pull it back up with my foot but immediately after that when i pushed it down again it lost all pressure and stayed on the floor and of course i had to get my car towed because i couldn't get it back in gear. I am thinking it is the slave or perhaps the master is faulty..anyone know what it could be??
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
so i just finished up my car..at first i was having an issue with it not disengaging so i bought a mcleod master and it seemed to have solved the problem but today i take the car out for a spin and what do you know, the pedal sticks to the floor on me. The first time it got stuck i was able to pull it back up with my foot but immediately after that when i pushed it down again it lost all pressure and stayed on the floor and of course i had to get my car towed because i couldn't get it back in gear. I am thinking it is the slave or perhaps the master is faulty..anyone know what it could be??
Mcloed masters are notorious for leaking. Is your reservoir full? If its the master, I recommend the Tick Master.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Aetos
Mcloed masters are notorious for leaking. Is your reservoir full? If its the master, I recommend the Tick Master.
yep reservoir is full..also the mcleod master is brand new and i heard they redesigned them so im hoping that isn't the problem but if it is trust me i will get a tick master
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible that it is the Master...but it is also possible that it is the slave cylinder. Considering the fluid level isn't changing then you aren't yet pouring fluid out of wither cylinder. I would try bleeding everything out again to make sure there is no air in the system. I think it is best to give Mcleod the benefit of the doubt on the Master being fine as it is new. If the slave has never been replaced then it would be worth it to replace it either way. This is just my .02 cents of course...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
It is possible that it is the Master...but it is also possible that it is the slave cylinder. Considering the fluid level isn't changing then you aren't yet pouring fluid out of wither cylinder. I would try bleeding everything out again to make sure there is no air in the system. I think it is best to give Mcleod the benefit of the doubt on the Master being fine as it is new. If the slave has never been replaced then it would be worth it to replace it either way. This is just my .02 cents of course...
yeah i hope it is something simple..its just weird because for about a month we were trying to get the clutch working and once i bought the mcleod master and bled it then it worked flawlessly for about 150 miles and then out of nowhere it messes up again
Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

well i had it towed to a shop the other day and they said it looks like the master is faulty..luckily it has a warranty so i will just get another one for now and cross my fingers
Old 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

well got the car back and all is good for now...hopefully this one wont go out
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck with everything, keep us posted on how things go
Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6_00
good luck with everything, keep us posted on how things go
all i know is if this one goes out im definately calling up tick and getting one of their masters