Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch- Stage 3 or 4???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my stage III last Friday. Looking forward to receiving the parts and getting them installed next weekend! Tech's took the time to speak to me and answer all my questions and make a suggestion based on my particular combination and driving needs.

-Eagle
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta jump in here and say that I am liking my stage III. I think I like it even better because of the lightened flywheel... I havent experienced any chatter, even though they warned me that I might, and their customer service is awesome. Their package is a great deal! While a lot of you seem to think that its not, take a look at their feedback. How many "I hate my ram, or spec, or centerforce" threads and comments have you seen? Yes, they havent been in the clutch industry as long as the other guys, but the fact still remains that they have created more consumer energy over their clutch systems than I think I have ever seen... and not one bad comment... to my knowledge. Customer service is your friend
Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Banned

Default Haaa.

It seems like that you have already done a good job. Then I should follow your guide. Thanks. Could u please post more in future? Haaa.wow gold cheap wow gold
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by iamlove399
it seems like that you have already done a good job. Then i should follow your guide. Thanks. Could u please post more in future? Haaa.wow gold cheap wow gold
Old 02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle02
I ordered my stage III last Friday. Looking forward to receiving the parts and getting them installed next weekend! Tech's took the time to speak to me and answer all my questions and make a suggestion based on my particular combination and driving needs.

-Eagle
Thank you for the kind words, let us know how you like it!

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Gotta jump in here and say that I am liking my stage III. I think I like it even better because of the lightened flywheel... I havent experienced any chatter, even though they warned me that I might, and their customer service is awesome. Their package is a great deal! While a lot of you seem to think that its not, take a look at their feedback. How many "I hate my ram, or spec, or centerforce" threads and comments have you seen? Yes, they havent been in the clutch industry as long as the other guys, but the fact still remains that they have created more consumer energy over their clutch systems than I think I have ever seen... and not one bad comment... to my knowledge. Customer service is your friend
Glad to hear man!

I will say that you can't expect perfection on every single item, we are humans and we miss things. The thing that sets us apart is our customer service, if we make a mistake we own up to it and take care of the customer, that's the way it should be done. I appreciate all of the feedback, good or bad. I want everyone that is either purchasing our clutch or is thinking about it to have as much info as possible and to feel as comfortable as possible about their purchasing decision. It's our job to make that happen, if we don't, we fail, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by iamlove399
It seems like that you have already done a good job. Then I should follow your guide. Thanks. Could u please post more in future? Haaa.wow gold cheap wow gold
Originally Posted by Sluggish
Yep, that was confusing... glad to have a new pic of spam... LOL!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

I'll give you $5 to eat a can of that and post it on youtube. LOL Bump for an eager customer waiting for his clutch to show up @ his door!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

I'll give you $5 to eat a can of that and post it on youtube. LOL Bump for an eager customer waiting for his clutch to show up @ his door!
I'm a wierd guy that actually likes Spam, so, you'd lose $5.

Bump for you as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I'm a wierd guy that actually likes Spam, so, you'd lose $5.

Is all I can say about that Steve. Hell, I may not have bought a clutch from a guy that eats Spam J/K My Dad loves that **** too though, and get this: with Cottage Cheese.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gen414
Is all I can say about that Steve. Hell, I may not have bought a clutch from a guy that eats Spam J/K My Dad loves that **** too though, and get this: with Cottage Cheese.
Holy sh*t, hell no!

Hey man, I grew up poor... Spam was dinner sometimes.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Holy sh*t, hell no!

Hey man, I grew up poor... Spam was dinner sometimes.
Oh Hell yes!! Yeah, I grew up poverty stricken as well, and that is why I can honestly say I don't like it, I grew up on that nasty **** My dad still eats it though, with his cottage cheese.

Funny, but just about ALL the stuff I grew up on, from Spam to Vienna sausage's to Bologna, I can not and will not eat anymore. I remember riding to school in my Mom's Ford Maverick, and I was not allowed to ride in the front seat because the door would fly open on left hand turns
Old 02-16-2009, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gen414
Oh Hell yes!! Yeah, I grew up poverty stricken as well, and that is why I can honestly say I don't like it, I grew up on that nasty **** My dad still eats it though, with his cottage cheese.

Funny, but just about ALL the stuff I grew up on, from Spam to Vienna sausage's to Bologna, I can not and will not eat anymore. I remember riding to school in my Mom's Ford Maverick, and I was not allowed to ride in the front seat because the door would fly open on left hand turns
LOL, nice!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

My clutch came in last Friday. Packaging was a wooden box for the flywheel, disc and pressure plate - then a separate box for the slave, pilot bearing, and alignment tool. Top notch packaging for sure.

Motor is coming off the stand this weekend so I can install the clutch setup! I'm pumped!

-Eagle
Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

My clutch came in last Friday. Packaging was a wooden box for the flywheel, disc and pressure plate - then a separate box for the slave, pilot bearing, and alignment tool. Top notch packaging for sure.

Motor is coming off the stand this weekend so I can install the clutch setup! I'm pumped!

-Eagle

I told you. Unbelievable what these guys do, from start to finish. It can tell you ALOT about how a product will be from customer service and how it is shipped, normally anyways
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 PM
FormerVendor

-Eagle
Glad you like it!

Keep us posted!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Just got mine installed with my new engine last week. Had the car this weekend to drive around. Clutch feels amazing. Since it is a puck design, it takes a little getting used to, but still feels great! Thanks SNL!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

I too just got my new monster stage III installed and into the car this past weekend. I'm wrapping up odds and ends on the car until the weather gets a bit better.

dankl, what about the puck design took getting used to? I'm curious what I have to look forward to!

-Eagle
Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Eagle:

Nothing much to get used to about the puck design. Just a little different feel. Seems like it's not as "slippable" as a conventional design, but after driving it once, I got the hang of it.

Keep in mind though that I have been driving my new car around everyday. It is a G35 6speed. Obviously, this is a huge difference compared to my Camaro. It may have just been the fact that I was driving an "easy" clutch around for a few months since the Camaro was out of commission for a few months.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dankl
Just got mine installed with my new engine last week. Had the car this weekend to drive around. Clutch feels amazing. Since it is a puck design, it takes a little getting used to, but still feels great! Thanks SNL!
Glad to hear man!

Originally Posted by dankl
Eagle:

Nothing much to get used to about the puck design. Just a little different feel. Seems like it's not as "slippable" as a conventional design, but after driving it once, I got the hang of it.

Keep in mind though that I have been driving my new car around everyday. It is a G35 6speed. Obviously, this is a huge difference compared to my Camaro. It may have just been the fact that I was driving an "easy" clutch around for a few months since the Camaro was out of commission for a few months.
Thanks for the constructive feedback!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

I ordered the stage 3 monster clutch cant wait to get it! anything will be better then a burnt clutch!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

I took my car out for a couple laps around the block today and I can't believe how easy this clutch is to drive. Granted its been 10 months or so since driving my stock LS6 clutch - but the stage III monster clutch feels just like I remember the LS6. Can't wait to try it out @ the track... after I get it broke in of course!!!

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch- Stage 3 or 4???