Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what is the solution for a sticky clutch pedal on a vette?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the solution for a sticky clutch pedal on a vette?

Hey,

So I made a few runs from a dead stop today and couldnt get past 3rd gear because my clutch would stick. I noticed on f-bodys that you can get a new master cylinder to solve this. But what can us vette guys do? Drill mod? New fluid? Or is it a clutch issue. Oh ya my car is a H/C/I 02 ZO6
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Folks have used the Tick master on a C5
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-corvette.html

You should do the drill mod also, or if you get the Tick master, it already has a line that doesn't need it.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Mike mentioned - we offer our Adjustable Master Cylinder Kit for the C5, as well.

http://www.tick-performance.com/cata...ne/#hydraulics
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like you are putting out lots more power than stock. You probably need to replace the clutch with something that will work with your power level. The master cylinder by itself probably won't solve your problem if you are still using the stock clutch.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Launching!

My stock clutch did that once I put some power on it from 100hp nitrous. Seems like it was getting hot from trying to hold the power, and gives out. One run at the track when I shifted into 4th about 1/8 mile, it stuck down but still had power so I kept going and crossed the line with a dead clutch pedal. haha

By the time I turned around for the return road, it cooled off and started working OK again. I put up with it a while, then eventually got a better clutch. After installing a Tex oz700 clutch and it never happened again. Later on I developed problems with high rpm shifting as I made more power from turbos, and the Tick Adj MC solved that one.

It may help prevent the problem to keep the fluid clean in the resevoir. Just syringe the old black stuff out and keep it fresh & clean.

Quick Reply: what is the solution for a sticky clutch pedal on a vette?