Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Cylinder Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Master Cylinder Help

Ive got a 86 Iroc with a LS2 T-56 swap and im looking to get the tick master cylinder. I am not sure if its going to fit because it designed for a 4th gen and i was wondering if anyone know someone running it witn a thirdgen or can give me measurements so i can see if it will fit before i order. Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

talk to joey at tick performance and he should be able to give your measurements.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Well, factory lt1 stuff will bolt in like factory so im not sure why ls1 stuff wouldnt. Same firewall between lt1 and ls1
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes but there IS firewall difference between LT1/LS1 and a thirdgen.

LS2IROCZ Ive been bugging the guys over at Tick about this for awhile now. They havent tried to fit one onto a thirdgen yet... I havent asked for dimensions, because Im going to order one no matter what. I have a feeling that the master cylinder is going to interfere with the wheel well alittle bit. So I plan to either hammer a space for it, or cut and weld a pocket for it to fit.

What Ide like to see is a picture of a factory master cylinder sitting next to and lined up with a Tick master cylinder. That would tell me a lot. I already know that Im going to have to, once again, re-route the wiring harness that I tucked under my booster. haha.

If you find out anything new...let me/us know!

J.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We've got a third gen here at the shop that I can try it on if I can just find the time. Theres no engine in the car so it shouldn't be too difficult to try. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Teching In

jonathan that would be great. i really want to order this but i would like to know if this would fit.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Yes but there IS firewall difference between LT1/LS1 and a thirdgen.

LS2IROCZ Ive been bugging the guys over at Tick about this for awhile now. They havent tried to fit one onto a thirdgen yet... I havent asked for dimensions, because Im going to order one no matter what. I have a feeling that the master cylinder is going to interfere with the wheel well alittle bit. So I plan to either hammer a space for it, or cut and weld a pocket for it to fit.

What Ide like to see is a picture of a factory master cylinder sitting next to and lined up with a Tick master cylinder. That would tell me a lot. I already know that Im going to have to, once again, re-route the wiring harness that I tucked under my booster. haha.

If you find out anything new...let me/us know!
Yes I understand that, but if lt1 stuff will bolt into a thirdgen firewall why wouldn't ls1 stuff.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Teching In

ls1 stuff will bolt into a thirdgen firewall because i am running the stock ls1 master cylinder and pedals now. The tick master looks alot bigger in the pics thats why i was asking. But i just ordered the tick master so ill find out if it fits in a thirdgen. Im sure i can make it work. Ill let you thirdgen guys know.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Yes I understand that, but if lt1 stuff will bolt into a thirdgen firewall why wouldn't ls1 stuff.

Sorry bud... I sorta misread your post. You are correct. Most of the parts will bolt up. I too am running the LS1 booster and I was using the pedals too. The pedals didnt fit that great though...

LS2IROCZ: Yeah that GP took me over the edge. Haha. Ordered mine too. I wont be able to trial fit mine until the weather breaks. I have high hopes... Worst comes to worst, I plan on having to clearance the whell well a bit. We shall see. Im excited to try it though. When you get it, if you get to try to install it, DEF post up and let us know how it fits.

J.