Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Master Cylinder After Months of Sticky Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Installed Master Cylinder After Months of Sticky Pedal

My clutch pedal has been sticking half way up for months. Even just cruisin around town it would randomly start sticking half way up, sometimes it wouldn't. Some times I can go WOT up off ramps and the pedal is great, sometimes it sticks to the floor, so random!

Finally got tired of it, read all the stickies and bled the fluid. No luck, so I gathered the courage and did the Master Cylinder by myself! Took about 3 hours, actually wan't to bad, just took time. Like it took a while to put the new master cylinder in cause you can't see where the bolts line up to the bolt holes, you have to feel for it, very frustrating.

But the write up was perfect and guided me well. I guess its on to the slave, don't know if I'm gonna do it myself. The dealer will do it for like $450. I suppose the new Master cylinder did help a little, seems not to stick as much just around town, but I need more time behind the wheel to see if it starts acting up again.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if it keeps doing it I'd go ahead and replace the slave. Don't know if you want to drop the cash for it but the clutch is really easy to replace when you're in there doing the slave.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, I wan't to do the slave but don't know about the clutch

Quick Reply: Installed Master Cylinder After Months of Sticky Pedal