Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

my new monster clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up my new monster clutch

I just want people to know that I just puchased and installed a stage three monster clutch! I have to say that it is a great looking and a very well made clutch. the customer service I got was over the top and exellent. Steve and Eric were nice enough to take the time to help me on what i needed. I installed the clutch today and it is by far the hardest hitting clutch I have ever owned, and not a bit of chatter at all. i just want to give these guys props for one good product and great customer service. You dont see this much these days
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fsttruckin
...and it is by far the hardest hitting clutch I have ever owned...
Im gonna go with a guess and say you didn't give it its 500mi break in? lol
Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Default breakin

I am breaking it in! but it is real grabby i stalled twice getting out of the garage. It has a very nice petal feel just not used to it yet. i went on a road trip after putting it in to have a ported ls6 intake and tb installed same day and did a couple roll ons and it shifts great very positive engagment! I am not used to having the clutch actualy grab for once in this car!
No holeshots yet maybe when road drys Lol
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

is the stage 3 the one with the puck design? How easy is it for you to DD with it?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Yes it is I have 150miles on it now and it is great! i dont dee it being a problem for a DD. I can slip it pulling out of parking spaces or leaving a traffic light and there is no chatter or in or out like alot of puck style that you here about, it has a great pedal feel. I would buy this clutch all over again just with the first 150 miles of input that I got so far. To recap stop and go traffic not a problem leaving from a dead stop no chatter ,is abel to be slipped and it grabs hard real hard I have done a couple roll on passes and first to second it just wants to tear the tires off and second to third is the same. I am nothing but satisfied with my Monster clutch. The only problem that I have is they didnt send me some stickers to put on my car LOL
Old 02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Glad to hear more good feedback. I recieved mine thursday and it was very well packaged. Can't wait to get this thing in.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Just got mine when i came home from work saw it waitin for me in the wooden box.. i cannot wait till it warms up to get it installed!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...Im liking all these reviews of this clutch. I was going to go with a Tex after my LS7 gives up, but a monster might just be the next one to go in.

Glad to hear there are some more companies attending to the M6 shortcomings and lack of options. Between monster and tick...we should all be bangin gears like mad.

J.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear man. Just got my rear done, and now my LS7 is starting to give up, been looking at these guys for awhile now. Good to hear some honest imput..
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up 200 miles now

I had to take th camaro out today roads were dry
I found myself staged up next to a stang and needless to say I launched the car at 2k and never seen the stang again lol. Clutch grabbed HARD like so hard that I am starting to do searches for a new rear
Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Did you get the premium kit? Billet or Chromoly? Just curious being I purchased a stg 3 prem. chromoly package from Maryland Speed on Friday.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Teching In

stage 3 billet basic kit
Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

I too bought a Monster (Level VI) have yet to install it yet. Motor is at machine shop, still . I am almost done making my headers, need to get them coated next, mount the motor on my new Madman motor plate, get a drivehshaft made, run teh fuel system and get her wired up, and then I can go crusing

yeah, lot of work ahead, but really wanting to put that Monster to work. Soon as I do, will post up how she drives.

Glad you are liking your Monster. These guys have been nothing short of outstanding, from customer service, to shipping. Now, I just need to give them some feedback on this clutch!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good review. I'm curious to see the longevity of these clutches. If they seem to be holding up for a reasonable amount of time with some track passes and a lot of street driving, I might give one a shot when my Textralia gives out (which hopefully won't be too soon).

Anyone have issues with their Monster clutch not fully disengaging? Is there a shim required or supplied with these clutches?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Sounds like a good review. I'm curious to see the longevity of these clutches. If they seem to be holding up for a reasonable amount of time with some track passes and a lot of street driving, I might give one a shot when my Textralia gives out (which hopefully won't be too soon).

Anyone have issues with their Monster clutch not fully disengaging? Is there a shim required or supplied with these clutches?

They were/are getting rave reviews over at the GTO site for awhile now, and since those cars are so heavy, people starting thinkin, "Hey, if they can hold up in the GTO, they should do real well in teh Fbody" and so, people started in on teh Monster over here, and took off like a rocket!
I was sold on teh Mcleod Street Twin, until I heard about the Monster, so I started asking @ about it, and SNLPerfromance hit me up, and we talked for awhile, and I was like, Im gonna give these guys a go. When I bought, they had yet to receive ANY (and I still believe that they have not) negative feedback, Steve was GREAT, 12 month warranty, AND I was gonna save a FEW HUNDRED dollars as well is what sold me. So, I did.....and unless the clutch does the exact OPPOSITE of what it is doing for everyone else, I could not be happier than a pig in ****!

Quick Reply: my new monster clutch