Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch bleeding trouble. Space issue.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bleeding trouble. Space issue.

Yeah I know another one. Trust me I've read everything on bleeding the clutch. The car was up on jackstands while I was swapping in my solid motor mounts so I figured it was a good time to bleed the clutch. It needs it I'm having clutch disengagement trouble. But I can't for the life of me even get to the bleeder on the top of the tranny. I tried after I finished the solid mount install. Could that have pushed the engine up just a little too far for me to get to it? I would prefer to not cut a hole in the tranny tunnel. I road race the car and prefer to keep that sealed...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where the hydraulic line connects to the slave, right above the line about 1 3/4 inches, is where you have access to the bleeder. It doesn't protrude from the side of the bellhousing. It uses a 7/16" socket. Be careful not to drop the socket into the bellhousing.

It has to be there.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had more trouble bleeding mine when I put the poly mounts in. I had to put the socket on the bleeder, then use a 1/4" breaker bar instead of a ratchet to turn it. The socket wouldn't go over the bleeder attached to the bar, but I was using a deep well socket. The breaker bar was just thin enough to fit, no way the ratchet was going to without additional work.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Didn't realize that upgraded motor mounts would raise things up that much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch bleeding trouble. Space issue.