Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

fly wheel for high rpm

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fly wheel for high rpm

what is the best fly wheel for high rpm launches i was told a heavy fly wheels were better for it
Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Launching!

That is correct. Heavier is better for launching. You also have to think about what kind of pressure plate you are going to use. I would get a good combo from one of the clutch makers vs just puting parts together and trying it out. There are a lot of proven combos out there.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Default fly wheel high rpm

Originally Posted by haighter
That is correct. Heavier is better for launching. You also have to think about what kind of pressure plate you are going to use. I would get a good combo from one of the clutch makers vs just puting parts together and trying it out. There are a lot of proven combos out there.

thanks i have done a lot of cars for people but most of the cars are not big 60 foot cars mostley roll raceing with the stick cars but one of my cars is a stick see i have a small speed shop goaing on for 6 years off and on most of may cars r autos that go reall fast never been a big internet guy and i need to get may name out there got some really cool cars that i done and a freind of mine said i should show some of what i have done i dont no the name of this kind of fly wheel but i am i saying this right faceplated fly and if so do you no what it means