Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick adj. master cylinder question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick adj. master cylinder question

I have a Monster level 3.5 and a Tick adj. master cylinder in my car now. The clutch is all the way broken in now so I decided today to adjust the clutch pedal down. I adjusted it down lower then the brake pedal and went to drive it and now it's real hard to get into 1st and reverse. When I had it set at stock height the tranny always shifted like butter and was never hard to put in 1st or reverse. What could be causing this ? Is it possible to have it set to low, but even so how would that start making it hard to get into gear ?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

I think I just have the clutch pedal set to low because when I push in REALLY hard it wants to go into 1st and reverse a 'little' easier. It must not be in-gauging all the way because it's to low. I'm going to mess with it again tonight and pull it up like beside the brake pedal and see what happens..
Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Same issues here... and I can get from gear to gear AFTER 1st while driving. you?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Bell
Same issues here... and I can get from gear to gear AFTER 1st while driving. you?
EXACTLY the same thing I'm experiencing.. we need some help with this. I'm going to adjust my pedal back up a little to see if that helps get it back to normal. I'll lyk..
Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it shifted good with the pedal adjusted higher, then put it back. You don't have to maintain the adjustement on these setups as the clutch wears....its self adjusting in that sense due to the design of the spring/tob and slave. Our cylinder just adjusts the flow needed to get a full dissengagement. Once its set during the install it really shouldn't need farther adjustment for the life of that clutch assembly.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Well if it shifted good with the pedal adjusted higher, then put it back. You don't have to maintain the adjustement on these setups as the clutch wears....its self adjusting in that sense due to the design of the spring/tob and slave. Our cylinder just adjusts the flow needed to get a full dissengagement. Once its set during the install it really shouldn't need farther adjustment for the life of that clutch assembly.
That's what I'm doing tonight. I just wanted to adjust closer to the floor for a shorter pedal. Not bashing on the product, I LOVE it. Just decided to experiment with it and see what would happen. I'm sure it'll be fine when I put it back. I'm also going to put new fluid in tonight while I'm at it in hopes of getting rid of a soft pedal fell after hard launching and gear snagging.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool deal man, let us know how it works out.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

OK adjusted it back and it's fine now. Hell it even seems like it moved a little from where I put it last night even after adjusting as low as I did. I don't remember the bolts being where they were, seems like they moved a little. All good now though..

Quick Reply: Tick adj. master cylinder question