Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fluid coming out of slave, Monster Level 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fluid coming out of slave, Monster Level 3

Alright, here is my situation. I ordered a level 3 Monster package with slave. I put the master on, speed bleeder and connected the slave. I figured why not bleed it now and get it out of the way. So I filled the reservoir. pump it, filled it, pumped it, then I closed the bleeder and pumped it like 20 times. I repeated bleeding it again. I did this for like a half hour with no movement of the slave when I closed the bleeder.

Finally the slave started moving and all of a sudden fluid came out the end of the slave where the seal is.

Is this my fault or a defective slave?

Any help would be great
Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just went back out to take a look again. It looks like the slave cylinder was coming out too far probably because its not in the car. Does this sound logical?

I pushed it back in and it doesnt seem to leak anymore.

Let me know what you guys think. I was under the impression you can bench bleed these things. Although mine is in the car, same idea, just not connected to the tranny.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

is it possible you had some residual fluid left on the slave after bleeding it? it may be possible that you tore the seal but it would still leak if that was the case.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have the tranny in so I was bleeding it without it on the tranny. I could clearly look down thru the shifter hole and watch it squirt out the end, I had a light down there.

It looked like the piston came out too far (if it is a pisto). I pushed it back down, went up and pushed the pedal down, it doesnt seem to leak anymore. It seems like I over extended it. Doesnt it normally sit against the pressure plate?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would NOT risk putting it back in. Contact Steve@Monster and tell him. He is by far the most helpful guy when problems arise!!! If it's a defective slave Steve is a man of his word, and takes GREAT care of his customers. Take that from me.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, I talked with Steve, he is great, he even call me It wasnt leaking anymore, it just over extended because I was trying to bleed in out of the car ;(

Quick Reply: Fluid coming out of slave, Monster Level 3