Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Funny noise, possibly clutch related?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny noise, possibly clutch related?

After I went to the track last week I started to smell my clutch every now and then. Its seemed to have gotten better, but I still smell it from time to time. Now I am hearing a weird noise from under the car. Its sounds exactly like an exhaust leak (clicking noise) and it consistant in intervals. However, when engage the clutch the noise goes away untill I put it back in neautral or push the clutch in. I stuck my head under the car and I can hear the click plus what sounds like some metal on metal grinding if you will. Im not sure how to best describe it other than it sounds like something is lose somewhere and rattling around inside my tranny or clutch area. So far it hasnt affected drivability. On a side not, I have been hearing a very faint buzz from the trans under load. It sounds like stearo static or low level hum. Not sure if that could be related or not, but this has gotten me a bit worried now.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I left out that the Trans was recently rebuilt with the Tick Stage 2 and LS7 clutch less than 2k miles ago. I highly highly doubt its something inside the trans inself.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

bump....
Old 03-18-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

bump....