Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Engagement Point With Tick Master

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch Engagement Point With Tick Master

Guys this weekend after I installed a monster stage 3 clutch, I decided I was going to install a Tick master cylinder. I installed the master a few hours ago and the clutch, a few days ago. After the install of the tick master, my clutch engagement point has moved to the beginning of clutch travel, maybe 2 inches as I press the clutch pedal down. Before the master install my clutch would engage toward the middle of peddle travel Whats going on here? Is this normal? Or does it need to be adjusted?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's how mine is too(i have a monster III and tick master). my pedal lets out close to the floor. as long as you followed the instructions and it goes into gear easily then u should be good. if you adjust the pedal too high then it could damage the pressure plate.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If youre saying that your clutch is disengauged after you press the pedal down two inches.... I think thats too high. Because of the amount of fluid these things can push, they can overextent your pressure plate, im not sure what the limit is, im sure its a little different for every clutch, but I adjusted mine so that its beginning to engauge once I lift the pedal about 2-3 inches off the floor and has worked perfect for a few thousand miles now.

Quick Reply: Clutch Engagement Point With Tick Master