Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

01' WS6 LS7 clutch launch issue after 13k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01' WS6 LS7 clutch launch issue after 13k miles

MY 01' WS6 now has LT's,(catless) ORY,D&D built T-56,pro 5.0,Lid and I also hand P/P the T/B and MAF along with the usual MAF mods, all free mods, no AIR, being 01' no EGR also. My problem is that when I was stock(107k mi) with only LID, muffler,free mods I went 13.18@101mph it hooked at 2krpm and went...month later 3-4th fork broke.I had a very good company do a bench built as I just was learning about the LSX generation. I installed the LT's,ORY while tranny was gone, then put it back in after the build along with a spec stg 3 and a pro 5.0. It was a whole different machine then even untuned, but seemed to loose bottom end and high top end, but all power was 3k-5k and lots of it and no more hard shifts into 3rd or 4th! I went 13.07@109 with used mismatched rears with 2.45 60ft. I was upset but knew that I just needed tires and from just having a LID,free mods,muffler I did go 13.18 and it seemed very good compaired to others with the same mods. Well the spec went out after 3k miles when I was driving in rain. nobody could tell me ne thing...I had been laid off since the tranny build and LT's etc in 09'. Any way I ended up luckily making enough to get the LS7 kit and new slave. It is very nice, I also got fuzion ZRi rears brand new(the stickiest street tires I've seen). Last weekend I went to the track and I was pumped and first pass I left at 2500rpm and it hooked hard and at that rpm it dropped the nose then went...13.002@108 2.0 60ft. I thought it woulda been better. Second pass took off at 3500 and it hooked! I was real pumped even though it felt like it didnt pull after I launched and I got into 4th b4 the 1000ft, usually I dont get into 4th at all or I just shift to 4th like most T-56's....13.060@108 2.1 60ft...confused now cause It launched at 3500 and its never hooked even @ 2k since the headers. Last pass I launched at 4k and it was like the whole car was on jack stands lol, it was great, then I hear rev limiter right after launch...I go to shift and the pedal is on the FLOOR like I've heard sooo many times but never on a launch or with a LS7 clutch, it came back up around the 330ft. people that seen it said smoke was rolling out from underneath after I launched, I also smelled clutch. Is the GM slave not strong enough to clamp the LS7 completely, or do I need to do drill mod or what?...I've never had clutch issues and I power shift 2nd and 4th. What was giving when I launched?...The clutch had to be slipping to be getting into 4th that early right?...I know the fuzions are good tires but last year when I had the used tires I borrowed a pair of DR's for 1 run and went 12.49@112 2.060ft taking off @3k. Anyone know whats wrong? The LS7 couldnt be bad after just 13k miles and only 3 passes at the track. It hasnt done anything wierd sense then. It was 56 degrees and I had my car turned off most of the 2 hour wait in staging lanes. Sorry for the monster question here, but most people dont explain enough and it turns into 100 pages on the site. I should be able to get a answer straight up I hope!